Project Officer – Species Conservation for Life Sciences at WWF-India
World Wide Fund for Nature-India (WWF-India) is hiring MSc Life Sciences candidates for a Project Officer – Species Conservation (TAL) vacancy. Project Officer – Species Conservation jobs for msc Life Sciences candidates. For more details on the job profile, overview, responsibilities, application procedure etc., check details:
This job expires in :
Job Name: Project Officer – Species Conservation (TAL)
Locations: Lakhimpur Kheri Field Office, (Terai Arc Land, UP)
The incumbent’s primary role will certainly be to anchor and advance WWF-India’s program activities in the Terai Arc Landscape-UP, which will entail the following:
(a) lead monitoring and on-ground conservation to support the recovery of Tiger/ co-predator and prey populations in UP;
(b) Assist in monitoring and implementing conservation measures for Elephant, Rhino and their habitats;
(c) Design and carry out studies to assess corridor status and its use by wildlife;
(d) Engage with human-wildlife interface issues in the landscape;
(e) Responsible for technical reporting pertaining to wildlife preservation initiatives;
(f) Assess factors that are attributed to human-wildlife conflict and coordinate implementation of mitigation measures; and
(g) Use monitoring information to develop and suggest conservation measures in the landscape.
Program Implementation and technological Support
- Carrying out the tiger, co predator, its prey, rhinoceros and elephant monitoring work in TAL UP that is required by the organization and approved by the Landscape Coordinator- TAL UP. Specifically, the incumbent will have to work in Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, Pilibhit Tiger Reserve and nearby areas like South Kheri FD, Suhelwa and Sohagibarwa WLS or any other website that might come up in future.
- Based upon the species monitoring work, suggest species conservation measures for TAL.
- Monitor human-wildlife conflict, analyze conflict data to develop site-specific reduction measures and aid in implementation of mitigation measures.
- Help SPO (Species) in monitoring and prep work of the corridor management plan.
- Assist SPO and Coordinator – Tiger in telemetry studies that includes monitoring of radio-collared animals.
Networking, Coordination and Communication
- Maintain close coordination with the forest department, various other institutions and similar organizations/persons in numerous regions for WWF-India’s species conservation work.
- Work in close coordination with SPO (Species) and Coordinator- Tiger.
- Maintain the Landscape Coordinator TAL UP updated on relevant matters.
- Provide quarterly updates on the progress of the assigned work of the tiger conservation projects in TAL with a pre-designed workplan.
- Aid in half annual and annual technological progress reports and scientific publications of the different projects in TAL.
- Any other task that may be reasonably requested by the organization.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters in Wildlife Science/ Life Sciences/ Zoology/ Botany/ Forestry/ Environmental Science/Forest Management with minimum of 60% marks.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in wildlife research/ conservation relevant issues.
- Experience in wildlife monitoring (camera trapping, direct count), HWC, knowledge of analytical methods/software utilized to monitor terrestrial mammals is essential.
- Area experience in Terai Arc Landscape is desirable.
- Great oral and written understanding of English and Hindi are imperative.
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your entire name in the resume attachment), providing details regarding reimbursement received in the present assignment, expected salary, along with three references.
So as to make sure that your application is sorted properly, please say “Project Officer – Species Conservation (TAL)”, at the subject line.
The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of just the shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Apply Via Mail to [email protected]
Last Day for sending applications: 15th November 2019
Editor’s Note: Project Officer – Species Conservation for Life Sciences at WWF-India, life sciences govt careers, WWF India life sciences jobs, WWF India govt, life sciences jobs, msc life sciences jobs, hyderabd jobs, wwf india jobs, wwf jobs, jobs in wwf , jobs wwf, Msc jobs at WWF, jobs at wwf india, wwf india careers, wwf india vacancies, biosciences jobs, biosciences careers, wwf india jobs, and for more such opportunities check out Biotecnika. Also, we have a Podcast that is available for free listen on SoundCloud.