IISc Bengaluru Life Science Recruitment – EHS Officer Vacancy
IISc jobs for microbiology and life sciences candidates. MSc Jobs. Microbiology & Life Sciences jobs with good salary available at IISc. Environment, Health & Safety Officers jobs, for eligible candidates. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all of the details regarding the job below:
This job expires in :
APPLICATIONS INVITED FOR EHS OFFICERS
(Environment, Health & Safety Officers)
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore invites applications from candidates for the following positions.
EHS Officers -03 (02-UR and 01-OBC) with the following break-up
Biosafety Officer – 01 vacancy
Chemical Safety Officer – 01 vacancy
Electrical Safety Officer – 01 vacancy
Name of the Post: Biosafety Officer
The qualification requirements for the positions are as follows:
Qualification Criteria for Bio-Safety Officer (01- vacancy):
- Master of Science in Microbiology or biomedical science or other branches of life science; at the very least 1-2 years of experience directly pertaining to the responsibilities and responsibilities specified or Bio-safety Officer in an academic or research environment.
- Preferable PG diploma Bio-safety management from an accredited institution/university.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology or biomedical science or various other branches of life science with at the very least 3 years of experience as Bio-safety Officer in an academic or research environment can additionally apply.
- Development, implementation, and coordination of a comprehensive biological safety.
program for the Institute to enhance institutional biosafety-related objectives and to.
guarantee compliance with all applicable regulations, standards, policies, and directives.
- Coordination, quality control, and monitor the delivery of biosafety education and training to any and all faculty, staff, and students who work with or have the potential for exposure to biological pathogenic agents.
- Monitor teaching and research activities involving making use of hazardous biological.
materials and recombinant DNA molecules for compliance with appropriate guidelines,
policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Manages select agent transfers to and from University labs; monitors use of toxins.
- Examines research and teaching facilities for compliance with regulations and guidelines.
relating to the usage, handling, and disposal of prospective biohazards and recombinant.
DNA; coordinates the review and investigation of all biosafety accidents occurring on.
Institute campus, and develops corrective action plans.
- Development and implementation of emergency response procedures for incidents involving biohazardous agents and materials, and upkeep of IISc Incident Action Plan for biohazards; develops medical surveillance standards for activities including biohazards and related materials; responds to biohazardous materials incidents as appropriate.
- Functions as the principal source of expertise to the University regarding appropriate.
equipment, facilities, and work practices for protecting labs, staff, and the environment from contamination and infectious organisms.
- Provides technical guidance to faculty and staff in the development of safety plans for.
give applications; advises facilities and physical plant staff concerning technical and.
programmatic problems entailing lab biosafety design and maintenance.
- Joins and provides leadership to numerous internal committees and task forces, such as the Biosafety Committee, the Animal Care and Use Committee, and the.
Bloodborne Pathogen/Tuberculosis Working Group.
- Performs miscellaneous occupational duties as assigned.
Age limitation: between 25 – 50 years or below as on 02-12-2019.
Monthly Emoluments: The month-to-month emoluments for the post of EHS Officer is expected to be in the range of Rs. 35,000-Rs 70,000 per month. Emoluments are negotiable in deserving cases.
How to Apply:
Interested people are requested to go through the Institute internet site:
https://iisc.ac.in/positions-open/ for the notification and various other details. The applicants may apply through e-mail duly mentioning their age, qualifications, experience and classification, enclosing the copies of certifications to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected]. The header of the e-mail must be clearly mentioned as” Application for the posts office of the Lab Safety and Health and Environment”.
Last date for applying: 02.12.2019.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: IISc Bengaluru Life Science Recruitment – EHS Officer Vacancy, msc jobs, biotechnology job openings, microbiology careers, safety officer jobs, iisc careers, life sciences jobs, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media for the latest in the life sciences industry.