ICRISAT Associate Scientist Job Vacancy for PhD Candidates
PhD Biotechnology and Plant Sciences Associate Scientist – Plant Biology/Molecular Biology vacancy is available at ICRISAT. ICRISAT hiring for research vacancies, and phd candidates with biotech & plant sciences as a qualification are eligible. Associate Scientist – Plant Biology/Molecular Biology jobs for phd candidates. Check out all the details posted below on the same:
This job expires in :
Name of Job: Associate Scientist – Plant Biology/Molecular Biology
No. of Posts: 01
- The roles and responsibilities are expected to be extremely diverse and would certainly suit an individual with proven expertise in molecular biology and genetic transformation research, that is passionate and motivated to progress to research-oriented to translational research involving public and private sectors.
- Develop and deliver product pipelines encompassing a broad range of biotechnology solutions entailing multi-disciplinary research interacting with different teams.
- Check out and employ technical renovations consisting of developing synthetic biology tools for plant genetic engineering and exploiting new methods and strategies for crop species exploring brand-new scientific directions that impact trait discovery and functional validation of novel genes.
- Explore insights derived from basic biological science and assessing their prospective contribution to trait development, Risk assessment methodologies for food, feed and environment safety, and join out-reach and capacity building activities. The research entails setting-up of project objectives, structuring work plans, and managing and monitoring progress along with building scientific teams and knowledge in the pertinent area of research.
- Prepare project proposals, project reports and research papers for publication in reputed journals.
- PhD degree in biotechnology and/or plant sciences with 0-2 years post-doctoral experience in plant tissue culture, development of transgenic crops, and their evaluation under greenhouse/confined fields.
- Working experience with groundnut, pigeon pea, chickpea, sorghum, pearl millet, finger millet or other cereal crops is desirable with an interest in both basic research study and development-oriented research involving these crops.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, and superb communication abilities.
- Knowledge of international biosafety and food safety laws, intellectual property rights, principles of biosafety procedures for transgenic crops, and translational research is extremely desirable.
- Conceptual and report writing skills and record of international peer-reviewed publications in refereed journals.
- Should have the aptitude to work collegially and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural environments.
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for 3 years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to Apply:
Applicants must apply on or before 6-December-2019, with a response to the selection criteria, their newest resume and the names and contact information of three references that are educated regarding their professional credentials and work experience. All applications will certainly be acknowledged, nevertheless just shortlisted applicants will certainly be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
Deadline: on or before 30-November-2019
Editor’s Note: ICRISAT Associate Scientist Job Vacancy for PhD Candidates, research vacancies, plant breeding jobs, Scientific Officer jobs, icrisat recruitment. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – a free service and also follow us on all of our social media. Also, check out the Podcast we have for free listen on a weekly basis on SoundCloud.