Biochemistry Project Assistant Job Opening at IIT Dharwad
MSc Biochemistry project assistant jobs at IIT Dharwad. IIT Dharwad careers. IIT Dharwad MSc Biochemistry Project vacancies. Indian nationals are encouraged to apply for this vacancy that is available in the Department of Chemistry. All of the details on the same has been given below:
This job expires in :
Name of the Post: Project Assistant (On Contract)
No. of Posts: 01
Project Code and Title: CH/NM/SERB/SRG/2019: Ribosomally synthesized and posttranslationally modified peptide natural products: Mechanistic investigation
of the antibiotic bottromycin biosynthetic pathway
Consolidated Emoluments: Rs. 20,000 consolidated per month (for Project Assistant).
Duration of the project: Maximum 2 years.
Tenure of appointment: The appointment for the above contractual position will be.
at first for One year, which can be further extended subject to satisfactory performance, availability of funds in the project and the requirement in the project.
Age Limit: Not surpassing 28 years as on the date of the selection process.
- Expression and purification of enzymes and their characterization (including oxygen-sensitive proteins such as radical SAM enzymes) in the bottromycin biosynthesis.
pathway (a promising peptide antibiotic).
- Enzyme assays and substrate tolerance studies.
- Mechanistic studies using different substrate analogues, peptide/protein mutants and spectroscopic/spectrometric techniques (UV-Vis, MS, NMR etc). The results obtained.
will be used further in protein structural biology studies.
Essential Qualification: M. Sc. with first class in Chemistry or Biochemistry. NET/JRF or
GATE qualification is preferable.
Desirable: Strong orientation towards organic, bioorganic chemistry and biochemistry. Basic level understanding of proteins, peptides, and organic reaction mechanisms is desirable.
How to Apply:
- Selected applicants will not have a claim on any type of regular position and shall not be bestowed any one of the privileges like Housing, Medical Facility and Other benefits available to the regular employees of the Institute.
- Applicants are advised to make sure, prior to appearing for Walk-In Selection Process, that they have the minimum essential qualification and experience laid down for the post. Certification acquired needs to be from recognized University/Institute. Eligibility in terms of age, certification and experience of an applicant shall be considered as on the date of Walk-In Selection Process.
- he number of vacancies indicated in the notification is tentative. IIT Dharwad reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of advertised posts at the time of selection. Further, IIT Dharwad reserves the right to NOT fill any of the posts advertised.
- No TA/DA will certainly be paid for attending the Walk-In Selection Process.
- In the instance of any inadvertent blunder in the process of selection, which may be detected at any phase even after issue of the appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to modify, withdraw or terminate any communication made to the Applicants.
- After joining the service of the Institute, the person( s) will have to follow the Rules, Regulations, Ordinances, Statutes and Act of the Institute applicable from time to time. He/She might be designated any kind of duty within or outside the Institute depending upon the exigency of the work.
- The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a person at the time of appointment or throughout the period of the service. In case, it is discovered that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake, or the individual has clandestine antecedents or background and has subdued the said information, then his/her services will be terminated forthwith and legal action may be started against such candidates/employees.
- No interim communication whatsoever will be entertained from the candidates.
- Canvassing in any kind of form or bringing in any type of influence political or otherwise, will certainly be a disqualification for the post.
- In case of any type of dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the Institute will be final.
- For a query related to the Walk-In Selection Process, the candidate may send e-mail on [email protected]. However, enquiry/queries related to eligibility for the post/interpretation of rules will certainly not be entertained.
- Date: 29 November 2019 (Friday)
(If there is any change in the schedule, it will be put-up on IIT Dharwad
- Reporting Time: 10.00 AM
- Venue: IIT Dharwad, WALMI Campus, Near High Court, Dharwad – 580011
- Documents Required: Applicant should bring all original certificates including mark sheets (matriculation onwards), experience certificate(s), monthly emoluments/salary drawn, other relevant documents (including one set of the self-attested certificate(s)/ document(s) and updated Curriculum Vitae.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Biochemistry Project Assistant Job Opening at IIT Dharwad, IIT jobs, msc biochemistry jobs, project assistant vacancies, iit dharwad job openings, latest iit dharwad careers, make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media for the latest in the life sciences industry.