NABI Research Associate Job With Rs. 47,000 pm Salary
Government job opportunities for PhD Computational Biology, Bioinformatics candidates at NABI. NABI is hiring for research positions. National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is hiring for research positions. NABI job opportunity details, project details, application procedure details given below:
This job expires in :
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI)
(Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India)
Sector-81, Knowledge City, Mohali P.O, S.A.S. Nagar-140306, Punjab, India.
Advertisement no. NABI/5(01)/2011-19-2-Res
Name of the Position: Research Associate-I (Core Grant) (Two Positions)
Duration: Two years from the date of joining
Area: Computational Biology & HPC cluster Management.
Research work responsibility:
Under the general supervision of the scientist, the chosen candidate will be expected to:
- Management of HPC clusters, network, and storage for the smooth running of NABI projects on computational biology and bioinformatics analysis of large data sets.
- Develop novel computational methods for analyzing high-throughput genomic data.
- Process and integrate experimental results using custom bioinformatics tools.
- Publish scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals and present findings at seminars and conferences.
- Work cooperatively with NABI faculty and students and outside collaborators.
- Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, math, or M.Tech in above related field with at least 3 years of research experience and at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) Journal.
- Expertise in programming (C++ or C, Java, Perl or Python, R, SQL)
- Experience in machine language learning.
Emoluments: Rs. 47000/- a month and HRA. (According to DST OM No. SR/s9/Z-08/2018 dated 30.01.2019)
- Experience in managing HPC networking topologies for different types of clusters involving technologies based on InfiniBand.
- Knowledge around technologies utilized in HPC clusters and experience in job scheduling.
- Experience in working using clustered/distributed file programs and scale-out storage technology.
- Experience troubleshooting and managing HPC environments from an infrastructural perspective meaning everything from local node problems, blade chassis, intra- and interconnect traffic in the topology, process/job management along with also the procedure for tracing backwards to comprehend what workload affects the cluster in an abnormal way.
Age: 40 years (Relaxation is admissible in the event of SC/ST/OBC/PD according to GOI instructions)
For additional Details: Dr. Joy K Roy, Scientist F
Email: [email protected], contact no: 0172-5221206.
Application and Selection Process:
All interested applicants may appear for Walk-In-Interview at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute located at Knowledge City Sector-81, Mohali 140306 on 25th September, 2019 at 01:00 P.M along with duly filled Application form (Mandatory) on the web site www.nabi.res.in. The duly filled application form has to be submitted at the time of registration at NABI from 01:00 P.M to 02:00 P.M on above-mentioned date and time. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates won’t be interviewed. Each of the candidates is asked to appear for the interview with complete CV, thesis/project report, publications and original degree certificates and transcripts. No TA/DA is going to be compensated for appearing in the interview. Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise, will cause disqualification of the candidate(s).
Download Application Form Below (PDF)
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: bioinformatics jobs, computational biology nabi jobs, research associate jobs, associate jobs, phd jobs, research associate jobs, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also follow us on our YouTube channel for more.