Govt DRDO-DIHAR Biotechnology Research Recruitment 2019
Govt jobs for MSc/BTech/MTech and PhD candidates. Candidates with background in Botany / Zoology/ Bio-Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology are eligible to apply for 02 Research Associates (RA) & 05 Junior Research Fellows (JRF) Positions as per the details that are given below:
This job expires in :
Defence Institute of High Altitude Research (DIHAR) is a frontier institute of Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) that endeavours to provide nutrition, energy and health security for the troops throughout the progression of cold arid agro-animal herbal and technologies prophylactics from plants of Trans-Himalayan region. DIHAR has its HQ at Leh, UT (Ladakh) and base lab at UT Chandigarh. Applications are encouraged from candidates to work in defense-related research projects of DIHAR, for the following posts:
Name of the Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No.of Posts: 05
Required subjects: Botany/Horticulture/Biotechnology/Agriculture Sc/ Microbiology/Biochemistry/Zoology
M.Sc. In First division with NET qualification OR
B.E./B.Tech in first division with NET/GATE qualification
M.E./M.Tech in first division at both Graduate and Post-graduate level
The candidate may be permitted to register for PhD during the tenure of their fellowship.
Name of the Position: Research Associate (RA)
No.of Posts: 02
- Post 1: Biochemistry
- Post 2: Chemistry
PhD or equivalent.
M.E./M. Tech with 3 years of research/teaching/design & development expertise and at least one research paper published in Science Citation Index (SCI) journal.
Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D thesis may also apply. But if chosen, these applicants will be awarded the Research Associateship only after award of degree/provisional certificate.
Upper Age Limit: 28 years and 35 years for JRF and RA respectively according to date of walk-in-interview. Relaxable for SC, ST & OBC candidates according to Gol orders.
- (A) JRF: A stipend of Rs (31,000/- + HRA) a month for an initial period of 2 years and performance-based extension / up-gradation according to DROO guidelines subject to a max of five years.
- (B) RA: A stipend of Rs (54,000/- + HRA) a month for a maximum period of 2 years.
How to Apply: Desirable applicants shall report by 0900 hours on 23rd October 2019 at DIHAR base laboratory, Near 3 BRD, Industrial Area Phase-II, Chandigarh (Tele No. 0172-2639800). Candidates will bring the following:-
All certifications in original and an attested copy of each.
2. Neatly typed Bio-data.
Originally, the candidates will be screened wrt qualification etc.. Those candidates that are screened-in shall face interview on precisely the exact same day.
1. Fellowship/ Associateship shall be governed according to rules and policy in-vogue in DRDO, MoD, Gol.
2. The offer of Fellowship/Associateship won’t confer on the candidates any right for absorption in DRDO.
3. No TA/DA is going to be compensated for attending the interview or for joining if chosen.
4. Candidates working in Govt/Public sector undertakings/Autonomous bodies must bring NoC from their present employer on the date of interview. If chosen, these candidates shall be asked to submit relieving order from their employer prior to joining.
5. The posts advertised are for R&D project related studies. Only people that are medically fit and willing to work in adverse environmental conditions such as high altitude may apply.
6. Grant of fellowship/associateship will be completely at the discretion of DIHAR. The Institute can refuse to admit any candidate without assigning any reason thereof.
7. The number of seats can decrease or increase without prior notice.
- Date, Time & Venue of Interview: 0900 hours on 23rd October 2019 at DIHAR base lab, Near 3 BRD, Industrial Area Phase-II, Chandigarh (Tele No. 0172-2639800).
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Govt DRDO-DIHAR Biotechnology Research Recruitment 2019, latest government jobs, government biotech careers, dihar jobs, drdo dihar jobs, drdo-dihar jobs, biotechnology jobs, microbiology jobs, phd jobs, msc jobs, msc careers. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also follow us on all of our social media like Twitter and Facebook. And check out the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud.