Thermo Fisher Protein Biology Scientist Job – Msc Candidates Apply
Biochem, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology Jobs. Thermo Fisher Scientific hiring for a Scientist I, Protein Biology job opening. Scientist I, Protein Biology Biochem/Cell Biology & Mol Bio Jobs at Thermo Fisher. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all the details below:
Job Title: Scientist I, Protein Biology
Job ID: 98122BR
Location: India – Bengaluru
The successful candidate will be responsible for antibody validation using state-of-art molecular and cell biology methods for creating data sets to enable high-quality products. This position is in the team that performs large-scale validation of antibodies against proteins involved in chromatin biology utilizing state-of-art methods such as western blotting, chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP), RNA immunoprecipitation (RIP), protein arrays, along with other tools in epigenetic research.
Role & Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, planning, and executing experiments to validate the specificity and functionality of antibodies against proteins involved in chromatin biology
- Perform at a high level of proficiency in the usage of molecular and cell biology methods.
- Experience in protein analysis utilization of gel-electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE, Cell lysate preparation/western blotting and other proteomic tools
- Interact with a number of stakeholders/teams to comprehend the requirement and ensure consistent meeting of deadlines and deliverables
- Keep abreast of latest advances in the field, and provide scientific input and actively participates in team meetings
- Delivery of high-quality results, attention to schedules & details to support program aims
- Recording results in datasheets and/or electronic notebooks is a job requirement.
- Familiarity with the use of spreadsheets, retrieval of data from web/data repositories and use word and image processing software highly desirable
- Scientific presentations to the team & to stakeholders on a regular basis.
Education & Expertise:
- Applicants must possess Masters with 1+ years’ experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, and cell biology.
Nature of experience:
- A project of work experience in support of applicable skills such as publications, project reports or thesis work
- Sound theoretical comprehension of protein biochemistry with experience in protein expression, protein characterization, and immunoassays.
- Basic understanding and experience in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, qPCR, DNA and RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, primer design, cell-lysate prep, and antibody-based assays like western blotting and immunoprecipitation.
- Conceptual comprehension of epigenetics with expertise in molecular biology techniques such as analysis of chromatin structure and function (ChIP, RIP, IP), and gene expression
- Prior experience in NGS and also the ability to retrieve, analyze, and interpret ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, along with RIP-seq data would be an advantage
- Experience with bioinformatics tools such as BLAST, pairwise or multiple sequence alignments, primer design, and familiarity with web-based resources like PubMed, NGS data repositories, along with other biological databases
- Familiarity with the use of spreadsheets, retrieval of data from web/data repositories and use word and image processing software highly desirable.
- The successful candidate will possess clear functional communication at work-place and ought to be open to learn and solve new challenges.
- Care to detail, must Have the Ability to work in a team environment
Editor’s Note: careers, thermo fisher scientific india jobs, thermo fisher current openings, msc jobs, msc biochemistry jobs, check out the free Newsletter we have and also follow us on all of our social media platforms. Also, check out the Podcast we have on SoundCloud.