Govt Food Safety Officer, Food & Drug Chemist Jobs at DFDA – Directorate of Food & Drugs Administration
Government job opportunities for Indian Nationals at Directorate of Food & Drugs Administration. Government Food Safety Officer jobs for eligible candidates. Check out all of the details regarding the job names, the number of vacancies, the application procedure and more below:
Watch Video on Food Safety on Wheels by FSSAI – newest Initiative
This call expires in :
Name of the Post: Food Safety Officer
No. of Posts: 6
Pay Scale: Level 5 of Pay of 7th CPC Rs. 29,200/- plus allowances
Essential Educational Qualifications:
(l)(i) A Degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Biotechnology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Science or Biochemistry or Microbiology or Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from a recognized University or
(ii) Any other equivalent/recognized qualification notified by the Central Government, and Notice: The selected candidate Will Need to successfully complete training according to the Food Authority in a recognized Institute or Institution approved for the purpose
(2)Knowledge of Konkani.
Desirable Qualification: Knowledge of Marathi
Name of the Post: Assistant Chemist (Food)
No. of Posts: 5
Pay Scale: Level 5 of Pay of ih CPC Rs. 29,200/-
Essential Educational Qualifications:
(1) Master Degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Food Technology or Microbiology or Food and Drugs from a University established in India by Law or is an Associate of the Institution of Chemists (India) by examination in the section of Food Analysis conducted by the Institution of Chemists (India) or gets an equivalent qualification recognized and notified by the Central Government for such purposes; and
(2) Not less than 1-year experience in the analysis of food or liquor or drugs by using sophisticated instruments like UV, Spectrophotometer, Gas Chromatography, etc. ) in a reputed organization.
Has an equivalent qualification recognized and notified by the Central Government for this purpose; and (ii) Not less than three years experience after Graduation in the analysis of Food or Liquor or drugs using sophisticated instruments such as UV Spectrophotometer, Gas Chromatography, etc. in a reputed organization.
(2) Knowledge of Konkani.
Desirable Qualification: Knowledge of Marathi
Watch Video on The Eat Right Movement by FSSAI
How to Apply:
- Go to Official site www.goa.gov.in.
- Find a comprehensive ad of all of the posts/vacancies containing the terms and conditions together with the Proforma of Application, documents required and the instructions may be downloaded by clicking on the link “VACANCIES IN THE DIRECTORATE OF FOOD AND DRUGS ADMINlSTRATION” Read it and check Eligibility and fill-up the form correctly.
- The generated hard copy of the Application Form filled in with the necessary details and affixed with his/her recent self-attested passport size photo on the space provided and signed at the bottom of the Application form will be submitted by hand delivery/through postal delivery in the Directorate of Food and Drugs Administration from 26/08/2019 to 16/09/2019 between 10.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. daily (Lunch break 1:15 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.). The hard copy of the Application Form received after the due date will be summarily rejected.
- Only the qualified candidates fulfilling the standards according to recruitment rules/advertisement shall apply and the applicants need not furnish any documents at the time of applying for this post. On the other hand, the candidature of an applicant will not be considered, if he/she is found ineligible at the time of verification of documents that are essential, though he/she has passed the examination.
- Only application will be accepted with a declaration from applicants stating that “The contents of this application are true to their knowledge and he/she possess the required qualification and other mandatory documents for this post. He/She understand that in case of particulars or information given herein being found false or incorrect, his/her candidature for the recruitment is apt to be REJECTED OR CANCELLED EVEN AFTER SELECTION”.
- There’ll be a written examination. The skill test will be taken wherever applicable. Only qualified applicants will be called for the written exam.
- The total marks of the written exam shall be 100 and the duration of the examination will be two hours.
- Selection of the candidates will be determined in accord with the marks obtained by each candidate at the written examination according to merit. The entire result shall be published on the notice board of the Department, in addition to on the portal www.goa.gov.in. and www.dfda.goa.gov.in.
- In case two or more candidates secure equal marks in the written exam subsequently order of merit shall be according to their date of birth and when in case the date of birth can be same, then the candidate possessing higher educational qualifications will be placed higher in the merit list.
- There will not be any allocation of marks for educational qualifications and the selection of the candidates will be done strictly in accordance with the marks scored in the written examination.
- Candidates applying for the posts must possess 15 years continuous residence in the State of Goa issued by the Mamlatdar, except for the following categories.
• The State Government employees that are working outside the State will be exempted from producing 15 years residence certification for their children.
• Someone whose marriage is registered at Goa, with the person having fifteen years’ residence in Goa and both are residing in the State of Goa continuously for a period of 5years.
• Ex-servicemen/women and their spouse and children, that are residing in Goa for the last two years following discharge/release/retirement from the armed forces.
- But, preference in employment shall be given to Ex-serviceman of Goan origin and people who have 15 years continuous residence period in the State.:.
- Candidates applying for the posts under the quota reserved for Ex-Servicemen must indicate in their application form if they belong to SC/ST/OBC or UR category.
- The candidates currently working in law enforcement, local self Government, Semi-Government, autonomous bodies or establishment or another department establishment or institution being an instrument of the Government must send their applications through the proper channel just before or on the final date of submission of this application. All such applications received directly without following the proper channel will likely be rejected.
- The crucial date for determining the eligibility regarding the educational qualification, age, valid domicile/residence certification, valid employment card, caste belongs, etc. will be 16/09/2019 (final date)for appointment to the aforementioned posts.
- Interested candidates must ensure that they’re fulfilling the educational qualifications/criteria prescribed for the above posts with all the valid certificates of certification, computer literacy certification, experience certificate, 15 years Residential Certificate. Valid Employment Card, Birth Certificate, Caste/Differently-abled Certificate issued by Competent Authorities.
- No TA/DA is going to be compensated either for appearing for the written test or joining the post.
- The post under CFF category will be filled only through the list sponsored by the Home Department and no direct application will be entertained.
- Age limit shouldn’t exceed 45 years for all of the posts according to date of advertisement. Age is relaxable for Govt. Servants/ST /OBC/Person with Disability/Children of Freedom Fighter according to the instructions or orders issued by the Government from time to time.
- Anticipatory post of recruitment year will be filled when the actual vacancy occurs.
- A separate application ought to be submitted for each type of post.
- The candidature is liable to be rejected if a valid registration form isn’t generated or not uploaded together with requisite documents.
- The Government reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process anytime with no additional notice and without assigning any reason thereof.
- The candidates will be informed for written examination/skill test through email, Whatsapp, SMS or by sending a call letter along with the said message or call letter will be valid for all-purpose.
- Out of above posts advertised; 05 posts are reserved for a meritorious sportsperson, if available.
Watch Video on Lecture on Food Safety & Standards Act by FSSAI
View Notification & Download Application Format Below
Editor’s Note: Govt Food Safety Officer, Food & Drug Chemist Jobs at DFDA, Directorate of Food & Drugs Administration jobs, food technology careers, biotechnology vacancies, biochemistry posts, msc jobs, government jobs august 2019, Govt Food Safety Officer jobs, latest Govt Food Safety Officer posts, make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media for the latest in the life science industry.