Apollo Hospitals Molecular Biology & Cytogenetic Technical Officer Job
Senior Technical Officer – Molecular Biology And Cytogenetic post for candidates at Apollo Hospitals. Apollo Hospitals is hiring candidates for a Technical Officer position. Apollo Hospitals Senior Technical Officer position for eligible candidates. For more details on the same, check out all of the information that has been posted below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Molecular Biology And Cytogenetic
Job Number: 19002359
Primary Location: India
Work Locations: Apollo Main Hospitals – Greams Road – Chennai No 21 & 24 Greams Lane, Off. Greams Road Chennai 600006
- Conduct sample verification, processing and molecular analysis of human specimens like body fluids, such as urine, blood, or cerebrospinal spinal fluid, and tissues to determine the presence of normal or abnormal components.
- Perform molecular diagnostic processes such as deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) and ribonucleic acid (RNA) extraction and quantitation from clinical specimens, all aspects of this polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and reverse transcriptase (RT)-PCR analysis, restriction enzyme digestion, gel electrophoresis and hybridization according to established molecular lab protocols.
- Perform additional special procedures/methods like DNA sequencing, fragment analysis, temperature gradient gel electrophoresis, pulse-field gel electrophoresis (PFGE), heteroduplex analysis and real-time PCR as necessary.
- Validate / Standardize / verify and perform new molecular diagnostic procedures.
- Maintain equipment by following preventive maintenance protocols. Notify the supervisor of any malfunction.
- Prepare reagents, standards and quality control material to be utilized for test processes.
- Analyse lab findings to check the accuracy of the results.
- Set up, clean, and maintain lab equipment.
- Enter data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into pc and registers (as required ) for storage.
- Establish and maintain an inventory of reagents and consumables, extracted nucleic acids, cell lysates and sera.
- Operate, calibrate, or maintain equipment utilized in qualitative or quantitative analysis, like spectrophotometers, thermal cyclers, sequencer, FISH microscope, Luminex fluoroanalyzer along with other computer-controlled analysers.
- Establish or monitor quality assurance programs or activities to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results.
- Provide technical information about test results to physicians, patient’s family members, or researchers.
- Make sure that STAT and priority tests are assayed and reported promptly and in compliance with established protocols.
- Apply principles of universal precautions, biohazard, MSDS and lab safety to work environment.
- Supervise, train, or direct laboratory assistants, clinical and medical laboratory technicians or technologists, or other medical laboratory workers engaged in laboratory testing.
- Develop, standardize, evaluate, or modify techniques, processes, or tests used in the analysis of specimens or in molecular lab experiments.
- Updating and using applicable knowledge. Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Obtain, cut, stain, and mount biological material on slides for microscopic study and diagnosis, following standard laboratory procedures, for preliminary selection/enrichment of specimen, wherever required.
- Select and prepare specimens for molecular testing, using aseptic technique and with knowledge of specimen components and test requirements.
- Conduct medical research/studies under the direction of microbiologist or pathologist.
- Organizing, planning, and prioritizing work. Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish lab work.
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships. Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.
Editor’s Note: molecular biology jobs, apollo hospitals careers, msc jobs, latest hospital job openings, make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media for the latest in the life science industry.