Novo Nordisk Foundation Research Assistant at Copenhagen University
International candidates are encouraged to apply for the Research Assistant to Structural Molecular Biology Group at Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research at the University of Copenhagen. The at Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research has announced the call for applications Research Assistant post. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This job expires in :
Research Assistant to Structural Molecular Biology Group
The Structural Molecular Biology Group in Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research Is Currently Looking for a Research Assistant.
Presentation of the Center:
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (www.cpr.ku.dk) at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, performs fundamental and applied discovery research on human proteins of biomedical relevance. The Center includes a vast range of resources and expertise, from in silico target identification, mass spectrometry-based proteomics, structural biology, protein production and characterization to the elucidation of different disease mechanisms.
The Montoya team (https://www.cpr.ku.dk/research/protein-structure-function-program/montoya/) is studying the structure, function and molecular mechanics of protein-DNA complexes together with significant roles in cellular signalling using cryo-electron microscopy and x-ray crystallography. We’re particularly interested in solving structural and functional pathways of CRISPR-Cas complexes as well as the cellular DNA damage response.
We’re looking for a Research Assistant to:
- Plan and perform lab work within the regions of cloning, recombinant protein expression and purification, in addition to biochemical and biophysical characterization of protein complexes.
- Help establish enzymatic activity- and biochemical binding assays
- Setup crystallization trials of protein and also protein-DNA complexes
perform negative-stain and cryo sample preparation for electron microscopy
assess and report experimental outcomes and ensuring that research protocols and data are entered into an (electronic) laboratory notebook
- help to maintain stocks, reagents, media and lab equipment
- share responsibility within the group Concerning defining objectives and meet deadlines
- engage in the overall operation and maintenance of the lab facilities
- execute any other relevant duties as may reasonably be associated with the position and which could be required from Time to Time
Experience and skills:
- MSc degree is needed
- Expertise in molecular biology and cell culture lab work
- Expertise in protein purification and characterization
- Great communication skills, both written and oral. Considering the Center is an extremely international research environment, fantastic knowledge of English is needed
- Integrity, reliability, enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility, confidence and capacity to learn new methods.
- The capability to effectively work within a team Is Vital
- Experience with protein crystallization and negative stain and/or cryo-electron microscopy sample preparation
Terms of wages and employment:
Salary, pension and conditions of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Academics Central organization. Presently, the monthly salary begins at DKK 29,151 (approx. EUR 3,886) and 17.1 percent in pension contribution.
The position is time-limited to 1 year. Based on the success of this project, it could be possible to extend employment. Working hours are 37 hours each week.
Start date: 1 October 2019.
Please submit the application in English together with the necessary attachments by clicking on”Apply online” below. Only online applications will be approved.
The application must include:
- Motivation letter
- curriculum vitae
- copy of relevant diplomas
We reserve the right to not consider material received after the deadline, and to not consider applications which don’t live up to the above-mentioned demands.
Deadline for the application: 31 July 2019, 23:59 p.m. CET.
For more information regarding the position please contact: [email protected].
E-mail: [email protected]
- Application deadline: 31-07-2019
- Employment start: 01-10-2019
- Department/Location: Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research
Editor’s Note: Novo Nordisk Foundation Research, research assistant jobs, structural molecular biology jobs, centre for protein research vacancies. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also follow us on all of our social media like Twitter and Facebook. Also, check out the Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud.