Govt Zoological Survey of India Life Sciences Research Recruitment 2019
ZSI JRF & RA job vacancies for life sciences and zoology candidates. Junior Research Fellow & Research Associate posts for msc life sciences and zoology candidates at Zoological Survey of India. Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) jobs for msc zoology / life sciences candidates. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This job expires in :
Name of Project: ‘Conservation of Threatened Vertebrate Fauna in Indian Himalayan Region through Long-term Monitoring and Capacity Building’
- Study on vertebrate fauna in the Indian Himalayan Region and developing spatial database;
- To study the population viability of selected threatened species in Indian Himalayan Region for developing long-term conservation strategies;
- To establish long-term monitoring protocol for threatened vertebrate faunal groups in various parts of Indian Himalayan Region and to develop adaptive management strategies for long-term conservation of those species through community engagement;
- To improve capacities of different stakeholders (like Forest & Wildlife department staff, local Institutions/ colleges, local NGOs and local communities) for monitoring and conserving threatened vertebrate fauna in the Indian Himalayan Region through capacity building programs and utilization of modern science, technological tools and approaches;
- Investigating whether ethnoecological knowledge and practices could be a conservation measure for threatened vertebrate fauna in IHR.
Place of Work: The chosen candidates (RAs, JRFs) will need to travel extensively in the Lahaul & Spiti District, Himachal Pradesh, Trans Himalayas, Uttarkashi District, Uttarakhand, Western Himalayas, East Sikkim District, Sikkim, Central Himalayas, Darjeeling District, West Bengal, Central Himalayas, North Kameng District, Arunachal Pradesh, Eastern Himalayas, East Siang District, Arunachal Pradesh, Eastern Himalayas, and Might be posted for a longer duration, according to requirements or any other places as per the project requirements including HQ at Kolkata.
- Research Associate (RA-I) @Rs.36,000/- + HRA @ 24% per month
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) @ Rs.16,000/- + HRA @ 24 percent or Minimum @ Rs.5,400/- to first two years and Rs.18,000/- 24 HRA @ 24 percent or Minimum @ Rs.5,400/- for 3rd year
Position Name: Research Associate (RA-I)
No. of Posts: 01
Essential Qualifications: M. Sc. & Ph.D in Zoology/Life Sciences/Wildlife/Environmental Sciences/Biodiversity & Conservation or equal. Candidate with PhD thesis submitted may also apply. But if found suitable, they’ll be offered SRF and upon awarding the degree of PhD will soon be offered the post of the RA-I.
Desirable Experience: Prior work experience in the Indian Himalayan Region/Knowledge/experience/ecology/ bioinformatics/ climate change studies with a minimum of one publication in SCI journal. Proven experience in Data analysis, GIS, Bio/Geo-Informatics, Science writing and communication, organising workshops, seminar, symposium, training programme etc..
Age Limit: The upper age limit is 40 years according to the date of interview. Age relaxation according to Govt. of India rules.
Position Name: Junior Research Fellows (JRF)
No. of Posts: 01
Essential Qualifications: M. Sc. In Zoology/ Life Sciences/ Life Sciences/ Wildlife/ Environmental Sciences/Biodiversity & Conservation or equivalent in any branch of Biological Sciences with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognized University.
Desirable Experience: Expertise /knowledge/interest on field data collection/Bioinformatics /Geoinformatics / Wildlife Ecology/GIS/ Climate change.
Age Limit: The upper age limit is 28 years according to the date of interview. Age relaxation according to Govt. of India rules.
In the event of exceptional candidates, these can be relaxed. UGC/CSIR NET JRF/GATE qualified applicants are awarded fellowship in line with DST criteria, while otherwise competent/ suitable candidates would be provided fellowship as mentioned above which are likely to be amended according to ZSI norms.
- A walk-in-interview will be held for selection of candidates at ZSI, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata — 700 053 on 12th August 2019, 10.00 AM onwards.
- At the time of this verification of original documents (even after selection), if it’s found that an attempt was made by the applicant to wilfully conceal, misrepresent or canvass the facts, such applicant won’t be considered for selection and because of action will be implemented.
- The candidate selected will be liable to posted anywhere, and will need to join immediately after their selection within one week.
- The application form can be downloaded from the Zoological Survey of India website http://zsi.gov.in.
- Candidates must submit the filled-in applications with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, proof for date of birth etc., together with copies of mark sheets of examinations and’No Objection Certificate’ from present employer (if employed) in the time of registration on 12th August 2019 at ZSI, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata — 700 053.
- The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right of rejection or selection of a candidature including cancellation of the ad without assigning any reason.
- Date, Time & Venue of Interview: ZSI, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata –
700 053 on 12th August 2019, 10.00 AM onwards.
Click here to View Notification & Download Application Format
Editor’s Note: Govt Zoological Survey of India, msc jobs, zoology jobs, msc jobs, junior research fellow careers, govt jobs, project jobs, zsi jobs, zoological survey of india jobs, msc zoology jobs, msc careers, msc recruitment, keep yourself updated via a Newsletter – Biotecnika Times Newsletter – which is all free and you get updates on a daily basis. Also, check out the Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud.