Govt DST JRF Life Sciences Job – Attend Walk-In
ZSI Junior Research Fellow job vacancies for msc life sciences & zoology candidates. JRF posts for msc zoology & life sciences candidates at Zoological Survey of India. Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) jobs for msc life sciences candidates. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This job expires in :
Position Name: Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts: One
Name of the Project: “Ecological modelling for the proactive management of Aedes albopictus and Aedes aegypti vector mosquitoes of dengue, chikungunya and Zika viruses in different regions of India
Age: up to 28 years
Essential Qualifications: M.Sc. In Zoology/Entomology/Life Sciences/ or equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
Desirable Qualification: Prior work experience in the mosquito biology and ecology/interest on field data collection for mosquito fauna/taxonomy/DNA barcoding/molecular phylogeny and behavioural bioassays.
#UGC/CSIR NET JRF/GATE qualified applicants are awarded fellowship in accord with DST criteria, while competent suitable candidates will be provided fellowship as stated above which are most likely to be amended according to ZSI criteria.
*Desirable qualifications are only indicative in nature. In the event of excellent candidates, those can be relaxed.
Remuneration: [JRF Rs. 31,000/- for First two years and SRF Rs. 35,000 (after two years & fulfilling requirements)]+HRA
Description of Work:
The position involves studies on taxonomy, population dynamics, life-table studies, SEM morphology, morphometrics, phylogeny, the role of climate change and behavioural studies on Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus mosquito vectors from Jodhpur, Delhi and Kolkata areas. The project involves long term field surveillance of mosquitoes in the study locations and lab studies. For Additional Information, see below
Study Areas: Jodhpur, Delhi and Kolkata
Proposed Objectives: Surveillance of mosquitoes, population dynamics, degree day and lifetable studies, SEM and molecular studies.
Deliverables: Mosquito diversity, seasonal population density, biological attributes of ecologically varied populations in morphology, morphometrics, lifetable and molecular genetics.
Duration: Initially up to one year, may be extended for a further period(s) based on satisfactory performance of individual and funding.
- The above posts are only temporary and co-terminus together with the project.
- The upper age limit is as on the date of interview. The age limit may be relaxed up to five years, as in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/women (according to GoI rules).
- Candidates appearing for the walk-in-interview Have to register from 09:45-10:45 AM on the day of interview at the Zoological Survey of India, ‘M’ Block, New Alipore, Kolkata-700053. Candidates must bring the duly filled-in application with attested true copies of testimonials of qualifications, experience, date of birth etc. combined with copies of mark sheets of examinations. All original documents should be produced at the time of registration. Interested candidates are encouraged to email CV/Biodata to PI at [email protected].
- The offer of appointment to the candidates will be on a purely contractual basis around 31st March 2019 originally and it could be extended for an additional period(s) according to additional project extension and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
- The chosen candidate have to join immediately or at a short notice.
- No TA/DA will be provided to the candidates for appearing for the interview.
- The application form may be downloaded from the Zoological Survey of India website http://zsi.gov.in.
- The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right to rejection or selection of any candidature and cancellation of the walk-in-interview.
- Interested applicants may send their advance application as soft copy to the email id [email protected] clearly mentioning”Diptera-DST fellowship” in the subject line.
Date, Time & Venue of Interview: 22nd July 2019 at 11 AM at Zoological Survey of India, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata – 700053
Click here to View Notification & Download Application Format
Editor’s Note: Govt DST JRF, msc jobs, zoology jobs, msc jobs, junior research fellow careers, govt jobs, project jobs, zsi jobs, zoological survey of india jobs, msc zoology jobs, msc careers, msc recruitment, keep yourself updated via a Newsletter – Biotecnika Times Newsletter – which is all free and you get updates on a daily basis. Also, check out the Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud.