CIAB Fellowship Recruitment 2019 – Biotech & Life Sciences
Govt jobs for phd / mtech and msc candidates from life sciences / biotech / biochem/ food tech/ microbiology background at CIAB. Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) Mohali is recruiting for govt job vacancies. PhD/MTech/MSc candidates from life sciences backgrounds are encouraged to attend the walk-in as per the details below:
This job expires in :
CENTER OF INNOVATIVE AND APPLIED BIOPROCESSING
(A National Institute under Dept. of Biotechnology,
Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India)
वेबसाइट/Website: www.ciab.res.in; Tel: 0172-5221400
Walk-in-Interview on 15-07-2019
Advertisement No: CIAB/46/2019-Rectt
(B) FELLOWSHIPS UNDER EXTERNALLY FUNDED PROJECTS AT CIAB, MOHALI
Research Associate (Food Technology/Food Biochemistry) – One position
Project Title: “Development and optimization of fresh produce supply chain and storage systems”.
Funded By: DBT (Govt. of India)
Age limitation: 35 Years
Project Coordinator: Dr. Sudesh Kumar, Scientist-F
Duration of this project: Up to December 2019 or date of conclusion of project.
Fellowship: Rs. 36,000/- + (HRA as admissible or Hostel Facility, if accessible ) per month
Qualification: Ph.D. in Agriculture Engineering or Food Science & Technology or Food Engineering or Food & Nutrition or Biochemistry or Biotechnology from a recognized University/Institute with a minumum of one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
(C) FELLOWSHIPS FUNDED BY CIAB FOR INTERNAL R&D PROJECTS/ACTIVITIES
1. Junior Research Fellow / Research Associate – One position
- 28 Years for Junior Research Fellow
- 35 Years for Research Associate
- Rs. 31,000/- a month + (16 percent HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, when available) for JRF
- Rs. 47,000/- a month + (16 percent HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for RA
(a) Tenure: 1 Year, extendable on yearly basis for subsequent years subject to satisfactory progress, institutional requirements and fiscal provisions.
(i) M.Sc. in Life Sciences (Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Microbiology) or Food Science & Technology from a recognized University / Institute OR B.E. / B. Tech. / M.E. / M. Tech. (Biotechnology / some other biological subject / Food Science & Technology) from a recognized University/Institute and
(ii) NET / GATE / any other pertinent equivalent nature of test qualified.
For Research Associate
Ph.D. in Life Sciences (Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Microbiology) or Food Science & Technology from a recognized University/Institute with a Minumum of One research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
The interested applicants may appear for a Walk-In-Interview on 15-07-2019 along with the application form (according to format) on the web site www.ciab.res.in. The duly filled application form has to be submitted at the time of this registration from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 15-07-2019. The candidates should determine their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates wouldn’t be interviewed.
The procedure of Engagement:
The qualified applicants will be interviewed by a duly constituted committee. The committee would recommend the candidates, if found appropriate, for consideration of the competent authority for engagement on purely on Fellowship/Stipendiary basis.
- Incomplete applications and applications which aren’t in an appropriate format may be rejected.
- The above-mentioned search opportunities are available only to Indian Nationals.
- The applications should be submitted in the format which may be downloaded in the CIAB site: www.ciab.res.in.
- Completed applications together with photocopies of all of the applicable educational and expertise certificates should be submitted in the time of registration at Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB), Sector-81 (Knowledge City), Manauli P.O., S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali – 140306, Punjab from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 15-07-2019.
- All of the positions are based at Mohali, Punjab but a few functions could be delegated to be performed in outstations also.
- The number of positions may vary.
- Relaxation of age for a variety of categories (like woman candidates) will be according to rules of DST and other Government of India agencies.
- If in almost any area no acceptable candidate is located, no choice would be made in that case.
- No TA/DA etc. could be compensated for attending the walk-in-interview.
- Candidates must bring their original documents for verification and a single pair of a photocopy (for submission) of the relevant certifications associated with education, expertise, publications, thesis/dissertations etc. in the time of interview.
- Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of applications post registration shall have to appear before a Selection Committee. Kindly note that if there are a substantial amount of candidates, the Chief Executive Officer, CIAB reserves the right to devise such standards as deemed fit to shortlist the candidates for your interview. If needed, a written test may also be conducted to short-list candidates. The conclusion of the CEO, CIAB to conduct a written exam shall be binding and final all in this regard.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: CIAB Fellowship Recruitment 2019, center of innovative and applied bioprocessing (CIAB) mohali jobs, ciab jobs, ciab careers, ciab current openings, ciab recruitment, center of innovative and applied bioprocessing ciab jobs. Please subscribe to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also follow us on all of our social media platforms. Check out the Podcast we have on SoundCloud.