NIAB PhD Life Sciences Scientist Job – Apply Online
Government job opportunities for PhD Modern biology / Life Sciences candidates at NIAB. NIAB is hiring for Scientist positions. National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB) is hiring for Scientist positions. NIAB job opportunity details, project details, application procedure details are given below:
This job expires in :
Advertisement No. 10/2019
Post: Scientist-F – TWO Posts (Unreserved)
Level: 13 A
Method of Recruitment: deputation (ISTC)/Absorption failing which Direct
Upper Age Limit for Direct Recruits: Not exceeding 50 years ( for direct recruitment)
Recruitment on Deputation:
Scientists or Technologists working at the Central or State Government or Universities or Recognized Research Institutions or Semi Government, Statutory or Autonomous Organizations in India or abroad
(a) (i) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or Department; or (ii) with two years of service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in Level 13 or equal; and (b) Possessing the qualifications prescribed for direct recruits, given below. The Deputation period will be according to rules of Govt of India.
Essential Qualification for Direct Recruits: Ph.D. in Veterinary Sciences / Animal Sciences / Modern biology / Life Sciences or equivalent from a recognized University with 7 years of post Ph.D R&D expertise in the advertised area with original work according to publications or patents in top-ranked peer-reviewed Scientist journals; strong possibility of securing and sustaining collaborative and independent extramural funding.
The selected candidates should work on health and genetic improvement of Livestock using modern tools of biotechnology as well as own research program, he/she is expecting to provide support to other research projects at NIAB. The selected candidates will also be expected to lead the HRD program of this Institute and teach at PG level. Additionally, candidates need to attract extra-mural funding to set up and lead research programs.
Regions where applications are encouraged:
(i) Biostatistics with Genomics
(ii) Animal Nutrition
(iii) Animal Transgenesis with modern tools of gene editing
(iv) Vaccine /drug / nutrient delivery using nanoparticles /nano-fibres
Published evidence of working in the specified area during or following PhD (Publications in high-quality journal is going to be given preference).
General Information and Conditions:
- The positions will be filled up in at least one of the areas mentioned. Please, mention the subject area (specialization) on the top right-hand corner of this application under which application will be evaluated.
- The number of positions is both provisional and may vary at the time of selection.
- The positions carry usual allowances as admissible to Central Government Employees of exactly the same pay and status posted at Hyderabad. The higher initial start could be considered in deserving cases.
- The appointment will be made initially on a probation period of 2 years that might be extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority. Additional continuation will depend on the candidate’s performance during the initial period of probation
- Designation of posts may change.
- Mere fulfilling minimum qualifications as advertised won’t entitle a candidate for being called for interview for the position. The applications will be screened by a Committee and only shortlisted applicants appropriate for the institutional requirement will probably be called for interview. Criteria of shortlisting will be determined by the screening committee. The conclusion of the Competent Authority will be final in this respect.
- Applications from employees working in Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings and Government funded research agencies will be considered only if forwarded through proper channel and with a clear certification the candidate will be relieved within a month of the receipt of appointment order.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise will automatically disqualify the candidate for this post.
- Reservations According to the Govt. Of India criteria in respect of SC / ST / OBC / PWD etc. will apply.
- Age limits shall be reckoned as on the closing date for receipt of application. However, in the event of exceptionally well-qualified applicants, the upper age limit may be relaxed by the Competent Authority.
- The upper age limit is nevertheless, relaxable up to 05 years for SC/ST and 03 years for OBC according to the Government orders in force only in those cases where the posts are reserved for respective categories, on production of applicable certificates in the prescribed format signed by the specified authority in the time of interview. The OBC candidates must produce the prescribed certificate valid for employment under Central Government.
- Reservation for persons with disability (PWD) is considered in accordance with section 33 of Disabilities Act, 1995.
- Experience for the position mentioned in the advertisement will be reckoned from the date of obtaining the qualification prescribed for the position.
- Candidates called for interview will be compensated single second class rail fare from the actual place of undertaking the journey or from the normal place of residence, whichever is nearer to Secunderabad Railway Station on the production of the relevant document of travelling. However, reservation and sleeper charges and surcharge on superfast trains will be admitted if requisite ticket/receipt etc. is submitted as proof of having actually incurred the expenses. In the absence of valid details in the TA claim, the surcharges, etc., won’t be permitted.
- Incomplete applications and/or the applications received following the last date will not be considered.
- Interim enquiries won’t be entertained.
- Amendment if any the future will be published on NIAB site only.
18. How to apply
a) Eligible candidates need to apply ONLINE via our site www.niab.org.in
b) The candidate should register on the site with username and password together with valid email id. Already registered candidates will login with the existing password and username.
c) Online Application will be available on site www.niab.org.in from 22-6-2019
d) An application fee, as per the following details, is payable through online mode or via a crossed Demand Draft drawn on any nationalized bank and valid for a minimum of three months in favour of”National Institute of Animal Biotechnology, Hyderabad” payable at Hyderabad, rather Punjab National Bank, Gachibowli (Code No.PUNB0498700), Hyderabad.
|Applying for →||Scientist – F position|
|Unreserved candidates||Rs 500/-|
|OBC candidates||Rs 300/-|
|Candidates applying from abroad||USD $ 30|
|SC/ST/Women /PWD candidates||EXEMPTED|
e) After online submission, candidates ought to take a print out of their computer generated application form, glue a current passport sized photo and sign on every page of this form & on the photo.
f) This computer-generated application form (print-out) duly accompanied by self-attested copies of those certificates, mark sheets, testimonials in support of age, educational qualifications, expertise, 1st page of every publication and caste certification (if applicable) along with details of online payment / Demand Draft, if applicable, must be sent in an envelope super-scribing “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF_______________” and _______________ (SPECIFY SUBJECT AREA according to ADVERTISEMENT) by post to The Senior Manager, National Institute of Animal Biotechnology, Survey no 37, Opp. Journalist Colony, Extended Q City Road, Financial District, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana, India — 500 032 in Order to reach on or before the prescribed date.
g) Mere submission of online application without submission of hard copy (vice versa) won’t be considered.
- Date of commencement of online applications: 22- 06-2019
- Last date for receipt of online applications: 22-07-2019 by 5 PM
- Last date for receipt of printout of online applications: 29-07-2019
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: phd life sciences jobs, modern biology jobs, NIAB PhD Life Sciences, life sciences jobs, nabi jobs, National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB) jobs, project assistant jobs, government research jobs, govt research careers, govt jobs, govt MSC jobs. Please keep yourself updated by following the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also all of our social media. Check out the Podcast on SoundCloud.