CCRAS – Ministry of AYUSH Life Sciences JRF & PhD Fellowships 2019
CCRAS – Ministry of AYUSH jobs, Government research positions for msc life sciences candidates at CCRAS. CCRAS is recruiting msc candidates. MSc Life Sciences jobs for eligible candidates at CCRAS. CCRAS is recruiting. Interested and eligible candidates check out all of the details below:
Ad No. 1 /2019
PhD Fellowships/Junior Research Fellowships AYUSH Non-Medical) Aspirants to pursue PhD in Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy
The Central Research Councils function under Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India to Promote and coordinate research activities in the respective systems of medicine, as indicated below:
i. Ayurveda: Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS)
ii. Yoga & Naturopathy: General Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy (CCRYN)
iii. Unani: Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM)
iv. Siddha: Central Council for Research at Siddha (CCRS)
v. Homoeopathy: Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH)
2. The CCRAS on behalf of this above-mentioned five Central Research Councils invites applications from Non-AYUSH applicants (Non-Medical) who’ve qualified the concerned National Eligibility Test, specifically Joint CSIR-UGC test for JRF and LS (NET); DST- JRF in Biotechnology: Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET); ICAR’s AICESRF (PGS); and ICMR JRF and prepared to undertake research on AYUSH related projects for pursuing Ph.D.. programs in the University/Institution of the choice. The research project shall be in the fields of Biomedical Sciences with focus on Life Sciences including Microbiology, Physiology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Human Biology, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Immunology, Pharmacology, Zoology, Environment Science, Botany, Veterinary Sciences, and Pharmacy etc.; Chemical Sciences including Biochemistry, Chemistry such as Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry and Organic Chemistry – Phytochemistry, Medicinal Chemistry & Natural Product Chemistry etc.; Physical Sciences such as Biophysics; Social Sciences like Psychology for Mental Diseases and Sociology for Demographic Survey etc.; and Biostatistics.
3. Essential Qualification: Post Graduation in Biomedical Sciences (with focus on Life Sciences)/Chemical Sciences/Physical Sciences/Social Sciences/Biostatistics and having a NET Certification with an eligible validity period, as mentioned above.
4. Upper Age Limit: 28 years according to the date of issue of advertisement in the Employment News. This may be relaxable up to five years in the case of candidates belonging to Schedule Castes/Schedule Tribes/OBC, Physically Handicapped (lower locomotive disability only) and female applicants.
5. Stipend & Contingency: The fellowship will be provided for pursuing PhD under a recognized University/Institution of choice by the candidates and during their fellowship, they’ll be termed as Junior Research Fellows (JRFs) for 2-3 years extendable as Senior Research Fellows (SRF) for 2-3 years, the total for maximum 5 years. The monthly emoluments will be Rs. 25,000/- for JRF and Rs.28,000/- for SRF+ House Rent Allowance a month + Yearly contingency of Rs.20,000/- to the University/Institution (likely to increase according to DST norms( if approved). Additionally, the fellow may submit a project proposal to obtain 1-time Research Contingency Grant in-Aid up to Rs. 01.00 lakh within 3 months of joining the fellowship subject to the approval of the concerned Research Council.
6. How to apply: The interested applicants possessing the above-mentioned qualification according to the date of publication of advertisement in the Employment News can apply to the concerned research councils directly in the prescribed application form (Annexure- I of the AYUSH Ph.D.. Fellowship Scheme. 2018) for its respective streams of the interest (Ayurveda/Yoga & Naturopathy/Unani/Siddha/Homeopathy). Candidates interested to apply in more than 1 stream of AYUSH are expected to apply separately to respective councils. ‘The Application Form (Annexure-1) and Fellowship Scheme can be found on the given sites of Research Councils and the Ministry of AYUSH-http://ayush.gov.in. Only the shortlisted candidates will be informed and called for interview by the respective Councils. The candidates are advised to visit these sites frequently for updates.
7. The final date for submission of Application Form: up to 2 Months (60 days) from the date of advertisement in the Employment News.
Editor’s Note: CCRAS – Ministry of AYUSH, CCRAS recruitment, msc jobs, life sciences jobs, life sciences careers, life sciences jrf jobs, junior research fellow jobs, research fellow careers, phd programme 2019, ccras phd programme 2019, AYUSH life sciences jobs, check out the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud, and the free Newsletter – Biotecnika Times for more such opportunities.