Schrödinger Life Science Applications Scientist
Schrödinger is hiring interested and eligible candidates to apply online for Applications Scientist vacancy. For more details on the job, the overview, the qualifications and application procedure below:
Job Name: Applications Scientist (India)
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Schrödinger, a technology leader specializing in software solutions for life science research and development, is looking for an Applications Scientist for our Indian team.
Our Applications scientists utilize Schrödinger’s computational chemistry software to deal with challenging issues in pharmaceutical research and consult our clients about the application of modelling tools. Responsibilities include: providing scientific expertise for our software to potential and present clients (including demonstrating optimum utilization of our Life Sciences Suite via demos), modelling and training services, engaging in external and internal research projects for publication, and giving presentations at scientific conferences.
Applications Scientists become familiar with our entire suite of structure-based and ligand-based software, such as packages for docking, molecular simulations, free energy calculations, homology modelling, pharmacophore modelling, cheminformatics, and quantum mechanics. A solid background in molecular modelling and computational chemistry with application to biological problems is highly desired. Expertise working on drug discovery projects is desired.
- PhD in computational chemistry or biophysics plus expertise with pharmaceutical applications of molecular modelling software tools
- Broad knowledge of molecular modelling theory and applications
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to conduct individual research
- Excellent English skills, spoken and written
- Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience in the commercial sector
- Python programming experience
Editor’s Note: phd jobs, computational chemistry jobs, life sciences jobs, phd careers, Schrödinger jobs, Schrödinger careers, Schrödinger recruitment, Schrödinger vacancies, phd careers, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media profiles for the latest in the life sciences industry.