PierianDx Life Sciences Specialist Jobs
Every year millions of people bet their lives on precision medicine. PierianDx is on a mission to make sure that bet pays off. At PierianDx we empower progressive health institutions and diagnostic laboratories to build world-class precision medicine programs. Our industry-leading molecular genomics technologies and expertise deliver the most integrated, trusted, and collaborative approach across the clinical care spectrum. From genomic sequencing and biomedical informatics in the laboratory to reporting and decision support at the patient’s bedside, we drive the adoption of genomics in clinical care and accelerate the fight against cancer and other diseases. For more information, visit www.pieriandx.com or @PierianDx on Twitter.
Role – Support Specialist
PierianDx is looking for a production application support specialist to plan, perform, and manage low to medium complexity production support tasks and activities which require deep subject matter knowledge of business processes or specific applications in addition to knowledge regarding general application and infrastructure support (incident, change, problem management, controls, monitoring production processing). As a support specialist, you will partner with PierianDx Bioinformaticians, Clinical Genomics Directors, Implementation Managers, and Solution Engineers to support technical, scientific, or medical questions that customers have.
- Must have – Unix, Bash, SQL/NoSQL database, Verbal and Written communication, L1/L2 Support experience.
- Good to have – Healthcare / Biotech Domain, AWS
- Bachelors of science degree in natural sciences, Genetics, Computational Biology / Bioinformatics or other life sciences.
What you’ll do:
- Experience with general application and infrastructure support (incident, change, problem management, controls, monitoring production processing), industry delivery and support standards and processes, knowledge management systems, and tools (e.g. Jira Service Desk, Confluence, etc.)
- Handle the customer support helpdesk queries (emails and calls)
- May create and develop software solutions to application errors reported
- Escalates unresolved issues to proper personnel and follow-up.
- Provides mid-level to senior-level end-user support, which may include: providing systems administration assistance, coordinating stakeholder discussions, updating user documentation or conducting training.
- You will become a technical expert in our software solutions to troubleshoot and resolve Tier-II technical support issues in collaboration with Support Specialists.
- As necessary, you will contribute to training programs and documentation for end users.
What you’ll bring:
- 3-5 years of experience in providing support for Java, or custom applications on a cloud/on-premises platform.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, Ability to troubleshoot complex issues
- Professional attributes that include problem-solving, multi-tasking, love of learning, passion for doing the job well, and collaboration skills.
- Sound business judgment/decision-making ability and strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills to deliver quality results under time and budget pressure.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills in interfacing with all departments.
- Ability to pay attention to details and collaborate with other team members in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience in genetics or genomics and next-generation sequencing or other molecular genetic approaches.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates matching the above criteria can send their updated CV’s to [email protected]
Editor’s Note: bsc jobs, bsc life sciences jobs, life sciences jobs, genetics jobs, computational biology jobs, bioinformatics jobs, pierian dx jobs, pierian dx recruitment, pierian dx careers, pierian dx current jobs, pierian dx support specialist jobs, specialist bsc jobs, bsc jobs, check out the Podcast and Newsletter we have for free subscription service.