IIT Madras Latest Jobs 2019
The notification for the IIT Madras Biotechnology Junior Research Fellow recruitment has been released. MSc Life Sciences / Biotechnology / Biochemistry candidates can apply for a jrf jobs. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all of the details on the pay scale, eligibility, application procedure and such below:
This job expires in :
Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts: 01
Name of the Project: “miRNA profiling and alteration of signaling pathways following curcumin and emodin treatment in cervical cancer cell lines.”
Co-ordinator: Prof D Karunagaran
Duration: Initially for a period of one year, extendable based on performance
Essential Qualifications: M.Sc. /M. Tech In Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/Life Sciences/ with CSIR, UGC NET/BET/GATE/GPAT/ICMR/JEST qualification
Desirable Qualification: Previous experience in Tissue culture / RNA isolation/Real-time RT-PCR/ Microarray data analysis.
Salary: Rs.25,000/-pm + 30 percent HRA
- The candidate will be qualified for House Rent Allowances according to Institute Norms, subject to eligibility.
- The Co-ordinator has the discretion to restrict the number of applicants to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of credentials which are greater than the minimum prescribed in the announcement.
- Application ( only soft copy)in the kind of Biodata/Resume citing name, date of birth, age, address, complete details of educational qualifications (saying the marks, positions, year of departure ) and experience etc., together with copies of Degree certifications, should reach the following email address or before 25th May 2019.
Principal Investigator: Dr. Priyanka Samji
Project Coordinator: Dr. D Karunagaran
Head of the Department
Dept. of Biotechnology
Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai-36
How to Apply:
- Each of the positions are on purely contract basis.
- The completion of this period of the contract won’t confer any right to additional expansion, regularization, permanency in the Institute.
- Candidates must apply online only in the web site https://icsris.iitm.ac.in/recruitment/– (Please check the ad number Advt.17/2019 displayed and submit the application for the appropriate position).
- A separate application needs to be filled for every post.
- The system will take a single application only with the registered login ID (email) for an advertisement, thus the candidate is asked to choose the multiple positions (If, he/she wants to apply for more than 1 position) prior to the submission of application.
- The application can’t be edited, reverted once it’s submitted.
- Candidates must not attempt to apply twice for the same post. If multiple applications are received from a candidate for the exact same post, their candidature will liable to be rejected.
- Candidates must follow the prescribed procedure for submission of online application.
- Candidates are advised to fill their active and correct email addresses in the online application as all correspondence will be made by the Institute through email only.
- The candidates applying for any post need to guarantee that they fulfill all of the eligibility requirements for the post. Their admission to any stage of the selection procedure will be purely provisional subject to confirmation which they meet the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of registration certificate/telephone letter to the candidate won’t imply that his/her candidature has been found eligible.
- After a successful online submission of application, a print out of this application form has to be obtained and filed when called for evaluation. It’ll be needed at the time of document verification/test/interview. A hard copy of the application isn’t to be sent to the Institute.
- Candidates must be citizens of India. Persons that have migrated from Pakistan with the intention of permanently settling in India or areas of Nepal will also be qualified, but in case a certificate of eligibility from the Government of India is going to be crucial for the appointment. Such applicants must apply to the Government of India in the Ministry of Home Affairs for the necessary certification and furnish satisfactory proof of having so applied.
- The prescribed qualifications are minimal and unless specified, they are needed for consideration for this post, even though higher qualification has been acquired and the mere fact that a candidate possesses exactly the exact same doesn’t entitle him/her for being called for interview.
- Relevant experience gained after the minimum qualifying degree is only going to be taken into consideration. Minimum requirements of credentials and/or experience can be relaxed in respect of highly outstanding candidates.
- The expertise required is relaxable in the discretion of the Institute in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe, if at any stage of selection that the competent authority is of this opinion that a sufficient number of applicants from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be accessible to fill the vacancy reserved for them.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for composed / ability evaluation/interview to some reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications, level, and relevance of expertise greater than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement as well as other academic achievements. The Institute also reserves the right of rejecting any or all of the applications without assigning any reasons therefore.
- Calling a candidate for test/interview simply indicates that it is felt that he/she with other people could be suitable for the post and conveys no assurance at all that he/she is going to be recommended or chosen or his/her requirements specified in the application will be approved.
- Candidates will be short-listed for Test/Interview on the basis of this information given by them in their online applications. They need to make sure that this information is accurate. If at any subsequent stage or in the time of Test/Interview any information given by these or any claim made by these in their online applications are found to be untrue, their candidature will be liable to be reversed.
- The Institute will confirm the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any given time at the time of appointment or during the tenure of this service. In the event, it’s discovered that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the stated information, then his services shall be liable to be terminated.
- In the event of any unintentional mistake in the process of selection that might be discovered at any point even after the issue of appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to change/withdraw/ cancel any communication made to the candidates.
- Applicants who are working in almost any one of the Project at IIT Madras, should apply through proper channel otherwise they will be asked to generate a No-Objection Certification at the time of document verification/Test/Interview. Candidates without NOC won’t be allowed to appear for Test/Interview.
- Candidates can send testimonials from persons intimately familiar with their character and work. In the event the applicant is in employment, he/she needs to submit testimonials in the most recent employer or instant supervisor as a referee.
- The Institute includes a right to determine the mode of testing and screening the candidate for short listing and selection.
- The Institute entirely reserves the right to not fill any advertised position without assigning any reasons
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates concerning conduct and result of test/interview and reasons for not being called for interview. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- The crucial date for determining the eligibility criteria for all candidates in every respect will be the prescribed final date for submission of online application.
- The Institute strives to have a workforce that reflects the gender balance and women candidates are invited to employ
- Any corrigendum/clarifications with this ad, if needed, shall be uploaded on the website and no individual communication will be sent for this purpose.
- The final date for submission of online application is 25.05.2019.
- When there’s a problem to submit the application please send E-mail to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org Contact: 044- 2257 9778 / 9796 on all working days from 9.00 AM to 05.30 PM (Monday to Friday — except National Holidays). (Please notice, only technical issues will be approved — No interim correspondence with regard to this selection procedure will be considered).
- Instructions to apply online:-Eligible applicants will need in order to register and apply online through Candidates must register and create a login ID using the url https://icsris.iitm.ac.in/recruitment/ and submit the application.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: junior research fellow jobs, jrf life sciences, life sciences research fellow jobs, iit madras jobs, iit madras life sciences recruitment, iit madras recruitment, iit madras jrf jobs, iit madras careers, iit madras vacancies. Please check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also follow us on all of our social media. Make sure you follow us on SoundCloud to listen to the Podcast.