NCCS Pune Current Jobs 2019
Candidates with MSc / MTech & PhD Biotechnology / Bioinformatics / Biological & Life Sciences are encouraged to apply for Domain Expert & Analyst vacancies. Biological & Life sciences jobs for msc / mtech and phd candidates at NCCS. Biotech/Biological/Lifesciences candidates apply for technician positions that are available at NCCS details given below:
This job expires in :
Serial No: 03
Name of the Job: Domain Expert
No. of Posts: 07
Age Limit: 35 Years
Monthly Emoluments: Rs. 75,000-(Fixed)
Essential Qualification & Experience: 1st Class MTech/MD/MVSc/MPharm/MBiotech with 3 years’ experience in relevant field or PhD in Life Sciences/Biological Sciences with about 1 year of research experience in the relevant field.
He/She would have desirable experience working in the area of Bioinformatics/ Programmer/ Biochemistry/ Structural Biology/ Biophysics/ Genetics/ Epigenetics/ Neurobiology. Should have good experience in tools/programmes like Perl, Python, R and Linux.
- They will be accountable for developing domain intensive programs required at the interface of domain and software platform and coordinate with domain analysts and ensure their timely task delivery.
- They along with senior domain experts will also work together with the communication and outreach staff to provide input on the design of teaching modules which will eventually be used to communicate this platform to teachers and students.
- They will also contribute to these teaching workshops as needed and they will help assimilate the required information for the design of the annotation tool and contribute to these teaching workshops as needed.
- They will work to create the rigorous modality needed for selection of papers and evaluation of the annotated literature and will contribute to selecting papers which are used for annotation.
- They are expected to interface with the annotation and software development team to ensure smooth integration of the scientific and data requirements of the project.
- They’ll also be asked to train and coordinate the work of domain analysts to ensure that quality and performance are both maintained in selection and annotation of papers.
- They’ll also work with the communication and outreach team to comment on the design of teaching modules that will eventually be used to communicate this platform to teachers and students. They’ll share the requirements and suggest enhancements if any to the Manav platform development team to make sure that the quality requirements of the scientific team are met.
- Particularly, he/she will be responsible for implementing the formalism for integrative analysis and predictive modeling by different existing tools as well as to work towards developing in-house programs for achieving this goal. Additionally, he/she will communicate with other domain expert teams and computer data scientist teams to work collaboratively.
Serial No: 07
Name of the Job: Domain Analyst
No. of Posts: 07
Age Limit: 35 Years
Monthly Emoluments: Rs. 50,000-(Fixed)
Essential Qualification & Experience: MVSc/M. Pharm/ME/M. Tech with 3 years of research, design and teaching and development experience after securing one of those Postgraduate degrees mentioned in essential qualifications with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal OR Ph,D in Life Sciences or Biological Sciences/MD/MS/MDS with 0-1 year research experience in relevant field.
He/She would have desirable experience working in the area of Bioirformatics/Programmer/ Biochemistry/Structural Biology/Biophysics/Genetics/Epigenetics/Neurobiology. Should have good experience in Perl, Python, R and Linux.
They combined with domain experts will work in a group under the supervision of senior domain specialists. They’ll be writing domain intensive scripts/programs for integrative analysis and predictive modelling of annotated data from the literature. They’ll also be involved in testing the Manav platform and communicate the defects and improvements to the domain experts and software development team. They are required to interact with and learn from the Domain expert how the selection of papers will be done and what kind of readout the annotation tools will be making. They’ll work to contribute papers to the selection procedure and also test the quality of annotation to ensure the grading systems put in place are working correctly. Finally, they’ll also lead towards scanning through available biomedical literature, identify suitable papers, categorize them, assign to suitable participating student and faculty teams, review the submitted annotations and assist in final sign off to maintain the quality of the data annotated and integrated into this project. They will also take questions from end users and in consultation with the domain expert address the same.
How to Apply:
- Applications in the prescribed format duly filled in along with attested copies of relevant certificates showing date of birth, educational qualifications, work experience, details of this examination passed (Secondary School Certificate onwards), caste certificate, if any along with other applicable documents must reach”The Director, National Centre For Cell Science (NCCS), S. P. Pune University Campus, Post: Ganeshkhind, Pune -411 007, Maharashtra, India before or 28.05.2019.
- List of shortlisted candidates called for an interview date and time of interview and also other pertinent information will be published only on our institute site before or on 05.06.2019.
- The interviews have been scheduled in the last week of June 2019
- Applications received after the due date/due to postal delay and/or with no copies of the essential certificates/documents won’t be considered. Applications that are incomplete or not in the prescribed format will be strictly rejected.
- The Director, NCCS reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process, if needed, as a result of unforeseen circumstances.
- Additional percentage and experience cut-off will be applied during the screening procedure if required.
- SC/ST /OBC candidates should produce proof of the caste certification from the appropriate authority. Additionally, OBC candidates should also produce latest/valid non-creamy layer certificate in the prescribed form of asserting the reservation benefits.
- The prescribed educational qualifications and expertise will be the bare minimum and mere possession of same doesn’t entitle candidates to be called for interview. The Centre reserves the right to call for interview only those candidates that in its opinion are most likely to be appropriate.
Where the number of applications received in response to the advertising is big, it won’t be suitable or possible to interview each of the candidates. Depending on the recommendations of screening committee, the project investigator can limit the number of applicants to be called for the interview into a sensible limit after taking into consideration of credentials and expertise over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertising Hence, it is going to be in the interest of their candidates, to mention each of the credentials and expertise in the appropriate field in the time of applying. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on this particular matter.
- 5 percent Marks relaxations will be awarded to SC/ST /OBC candidates i.e. a minimum of 50% marks.
- The aforementioned advertised positions are filled up only on a temporary basis for the limited period of time. The position will automatically co-terminus on the conclusion of the project tenure. The appointed person will have no claim of appointment/absorption in funding agency or at NCCS, Pune.
- Age & Expertise is going to probably be relaxed in exceptional cases from the Competent Authority.
- Fellowship/Emoluments for its promoted project positions engaged under job is going to be made in accordance with the project sanctioned orders issued by financing agency.
- The age limit will be considered according to the closing date of receipt of application. Age relaxation of five years in the event of SC/ST /PH candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates will be awarded according to Government of India rules. Reservation according to Govt. Of India, norms will be followed.
- No TA/DA will likely be admissible for attending the interview.
- Canvassing in any form or bringing in almost any influence is going to be treated as a disqualification for this post.
- The posts advertised shall be required based with no commitment for its filling.
- Selected candidates Will Need to join obligation immediately on receipt of this offer of appointment
- Please bring all of the certifications showing the date of birth, qualification, statement of marks of this examination passed, degree certificates, certification of previous experience, certification in support of present employment, salary certification & other applicable documents together with a set of attested copies at the time of interview.
- Lower positions will be offered, if candidates aren’t found suitable for the aforementioned positions, meeting the essential qualification.
- Deadline: 28.05.2019
View Notification & Format Below
Editor’s Note: Biotecnika Times Newsletter – Subscribe to it now. It is a free subscription service. National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) hiring for domain analyst position, domain expert jobs, biotech jobs, life sciences jobs, phd jobs, biological sciences jobs, jobs at nccs, National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) jobs, National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) job vacancies, National Centre for Cell Science career. And check out the Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud.