Govt CIAB Fellowships 2019
Govt jobs for phd / mtech and msc candidates from life sciences / biotech / biochem/ food tech/ microbiology background at CIAB. Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) Mohali is recruiting for govt job vacancies. PhD/MTech/MSc candidates from life sciences backgrounds are encouraged to attend the walk-in as per the details below:
This job expires in :
CENTER OF INNOVATIVE AND APPLIED BIOPROCESSING
(A National Institute under Dept. of Biotechnology,
Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India)
वेबसाइट/Website: www.ciab.res.in; Tel: 0172-5221400
Walk-in-Interview on 31-05-2019
Advertisement No: CIAB/45/2019-Rectt
(B) FELLOWSHIPS UNDER EXTERNALLY FUNDED PROJECTS AT CIAB, MOHALI
Junior Research Fellow — 2 positions
Project Title: “BRICS technology platform for integrated bioprocessing of agricultural residues for eco-sustainable production of biofuels and by-products”.
Funded By: Department of Science and Technology (Govt. Of India)
Age limitation: 28 Years
Project Coordinator: Dr. Sudesh Kumar, Scientist-F, CIAB
Duration of this project: Three years
- Rs. 31,000/+ (16 percent HRA or Hostel Facility( if accessible ) a month for the first 2 years
- Rs. 35,000/- + (16 percent HRA or Hostel Facility( if accessible ) per month for the third year)
(i) M.Sc. In Life Sciences (Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Microbiology) or Chemistry (General / Organic / Inorganic / Physical / Others) or Food Science & Technology from a recognized University / Institute OR B.E. / B. Tech. / M.E. / M. Tech. (Biotechnology / any other biological topic / Chemical Engineering / some other compound subject / Food Science & Technology) from a recognized university/institute and
(ii) NET / GATE / some other pertinent equivalent nature of test qualified.
Tenure of Fellowship: Originally 1 year, renewable for the following years based on satisfactory performance but in no case beyond three years or cessation of funding or operation of this project by the project financing agency, whichever is earlier.
(C) FELLOWSHIPS FUNDED BY CIAB FOR INTERNAL R&D PROJECTS/ACTIVITIES
Junior Research Fellow – One position
Age limitation: 28 Years
Fellowship: Rs. 31,000/- + (16 percent HRA or Hostel Facility( if accessible ) a month
Tenure: 1 Year, extendable (post-evaluation) for subsequent years subject to satisfactory progress, institutional requirements and fiscal provisions.
(i) M.Sc. (Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Microbiology / Food Science) from a recognized University / Institute OR B.E. / B. Tech. / M.E. / M. Tech. (Biotechnology / Chemical Engineering / Food Technology) in the recognized university/institute and (ii) NET / GATE / some other pertinent equivalent nature of test qualified.
Project Fellow-II — One position
Age limitation: 28 Years
Fellowship: Rs. 14,000/- + (16 percent HRA or Hostel Facility( if accessible ) per month.
Tenure: One Year, extendable (post-evaluation) to get a second year subject to satisfactory progress, institutional Needs and fiscal provisions.
(i) M.Sc. (Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Microbiology / Food Science) with minimum 55 percent Marks from a recognized University / Institute and at least 2 years of research expertise
The interested applicants may appear for a Walk-In-Interview on 31-05-2019 along with the application form (according to format) on the web site www.ciab.res.in. The duly filled application form has to be submitted at the time of this registration from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 31-05-2019. The candidates should determine their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates wouldn’t be interviewed.
The procedure of Engagement:
The qualified applicants will be interviewed by a duly constituted committee. The committee would recommend the candidates, if found appropriate, for consideration of the competent authority for engagement on purely on Fellowship/Stipendiary basis.
- Incomplete applications and applications which aren’t in an appropriate format may be rejected.
- The above-mentioned search opportunities are available only to Indian Nationals.
- The applications should be submitted in the format which may be downloaded in the CIAB site: www.ciab.res.in.
- Completed applications together with photocopies of all of the applicable educational and expertise certificates should be submitted in the time of registration at Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB), Sector-81 (Knowledge City), Manauli P.O., S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali – 140306, Punjab from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 31-05-2019.
- All of the positions are based at Mohali, Punjab but a few functions could be delegated to be performed in outstations also.
- The number of positions may vary.
- Relaxation of age for a variety of categories (like woman candidates) will be according to rules of DST and other Government of India agencies.
- If in almost any area no acceptable candidate is located, no choice would be made in that case.
- No TA/DA etc. could be compensated for attending the walk-in-interview.
- Candidates must bring their original documents for verification and a single pair of a photocopy (for submission) of the relevant certifications associated with education, expertise, publications, thesis/dissertations etc. in the time of interview.
- Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of applications post registration shall have to appear before a Selection Committee. Kindly note that if there are a substantial amount of candidates, the Chief Executive Officer, CIAB reserves the right to devise such standards as deemed fit to shortlist the candidates for your interview. If needed, a written test may also be conducted to short-list candidates. The conclusion of the CEO, CIAB to conduct a written exam shall be binding and final all in this regard.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: center of innovative and applied bioprocessing (CIAB) mohali jobs, ciab jobs, ciab careers, ciab current openings, ciab recruitment, center of innovative and applied bioprocessing ciab jobs. Please subscribe to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also follow us on all of our social media platforms. Check out the Podcast we have on SoundCloud.