BIRAC Innovation Fellowship
BIRAC Post-Doctoral/Post-Graduate Innovation Fellowships, UIC-Rajasthan University for Nurturing Market Led Ideas. Interested and eligible candidates with either MSc/BTech and PhD degree and with a background in Biotech / Biochem / Life Sciences / Biophysics / Botany / Zoology and relevant branches can check below:
This call expires in :
UIC-Rajasthan University (supported by BIRAC) Invites Applications for
Post-Doctoral/ Post-Graduate BIRAC Innovation Fellowships for Nurturing
Market Led Ideas.
University Innovation Cluster-Biotechnology Was established by BIRAC at University of Rajasthan to foster innovations and entrepreneurship for both Post-Doctoral & Post-Graduate students. The fellowships are highly competitive and highly motivated students who have an eye for innovation and drive for start-ups would be chosen for the fellowships. UICB will incubate and mentor chosen applicants for executing the innovative research. Interested applicants may apply using their area-specific research proposals to UIC-B, University of Rajasthan.
BIRAC Post-Doctoral/Post-Graduate Innovation Fellowships Qualification & Eligibility
BIRAC Innovation Fellowships are highly competitive and prestigious. Under the University Of Rajasthan –University Innovation Cluster there are 3 positions available for post-Doctoral/post grad fellows.
Fellowship (consolidated) & Annual Research Grant
- Post Doctoral Fellow INR 50,000 a month with an annual research grant of INR 5 lakhs.
- Post Graduate Fellow INR 30,000 a month with an annual research grant of INR 2 lakhs.
Duration of Fellowship: The fellowship is for a period of 18 months with a provision of 6 months extension only for deserving cases.
Specific Research Areas
The University Innovation Cluster established at RU has broad scientific areas, below That BIRAC Innovation Fellows, will be chosen. Cellular Therapeutics; Bioactive drugs; Value-added food products; Bioinformatics; Nanotechnology
Innovative research projects not associated with the above-mentioned research areas may also be considered Depending on the feasibility of performing innovation and research in the University of Rajasthan or in Collaboration with industrial partners.
Who can apply?
Applicants that have completed their PhD degree (such as Post-Doctoral Fellowship) or even Masters/B. Tech/ B.Pharma/B.E degree (such as Post-Graduate Fellowship) on or after 1st January 2017 are eligible.
- Applicants that have completed their Ph.D in almost any area of science such as but not limited to Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Biophysics/ Botany/ Zoology/ Pharmacology/ Biotechnology/ Agricultural Biotechnology or some other Related area in biological sciences on or after 1st January 2017 All chosen Fellows have to carry out their work full time at UIC-B, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur. University Innovation Cluster –Biotechnology (UIC-B) Centre for Converging Technologies University of Rajasthan, Jaipur-302004
- Applicants that have finished their Masters/B. Tech/ B.Pharma/B.E in almost any field Of science such as but not limited to Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Biophysics/ Botany/ Zoology/ Pharmacology/ Biotechnology/ Agricultural Biotechnology or some other related field in biological sciences or after 1st January 2017. Students pursuing PhD Won’t be considered and those selected Won’t be permitted to register for PhD during the fellowship tenure.
Scope & Support of BIRAC Innovation Fellowships:
- BIRAC Innovation Fellowships are for a high degree of innovation and application research in the biotechnology sector. This scheme supports only up-to-concept stage.
- Postdoctoral Fellow: INR 50,000 a month with annual research grant of INR 5 lakhs.
- Postgraduate Fellow INR 30,000 a month with annual research grant of INR 2 lakhs.
- The fellowship is for a period of 18 months with a provision of 6 months extension only for deserving cases.
- Mentoring support and project monitoring by UIC, BIRAC and partner industries.
How to Apply:
Proposal under UIC scheme needs to be submitted in the prescribed format which can be found on the site with relevant self-attested documents by post to RU UIC-B. For Additional details on the scheme and application form, please visit www.uniraj.ac.in/uic/
Applicants Will Need to apply in the prescribed format available on the Site www.uniraj.ac.in/uic/ and submit a hard copy of the application with applicable self-attested Documents at UIC-RU within the final date of application. Each application will be Reviewed by an expert committee at UIC. Applications will be chosen based on the established criteria. Shortlisted applicants will be called to get a detailed project presentation And personal interview in front of an expert committee for the final selection of this BIRAC Innovation Fellows.
Mere fulfilling of this qualification criterion Doesn’t entitle applicants to be called for interview.
- Proposal Submission Opens: 20/05/2019
- Proposal Hard Copy Submission Closes: 30/06/2019
For any Query, please contact:
View Qualification & Eligibility
Editor’s Note: birac innovation fellows, birac fellow, life sciences birac innovation fellow, birac biotechnology fellow, innovation fellow, BIRAC Innovation Fellow,, University of Rajasthan BIRAC Innovation Fellows, Biotech Innovation Fellow, Life Sciences BIRAC Innovation Fellow, biotech jobs, biochemistry jobs, biophysics jobs, msc jobs, btech jobs, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media profiles for the latest in the life sciences industry.