Government ZSI Latest Jobs 2019
Government job vacancies for life sciences and zoology candidates. Junior Research Fellow & Field Assstant posts for msc life sciences and zoology candidates at Zoological Survey of India. Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) jobs for msc & bsc zoology / life sciences candidates. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This job expires in :
Position Name: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Name of Project: ‘Taxonomic studies on family Pyralidae (Pyraloidea: Lepidoptera) from North East India’
Place of Work: Zoological Survey of India, Kolkata together with the liability of long and extensive field surveys in North East India.
- Extensive field surveys are to be conducted in North East India for the collection and study of moths.
- Recording of field observations on moths.
- Lab Work: Identification of moths. Dissections Slide preparations and photography of different moths.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly progress reports of their projects.
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) @ Rs.31, 000/- + HRA for first two years and Rs.35, 000/- + HRA for a 3rd year
- Junior Project Fellow (JPF) @ Rs.16, 000/- + HRA for first two years and Rs.18, 000/- + HRA for 3rd year
Junior Research Fellow/Junior Project Fellows (JPF)
Qualification: M. Sc. In Zoology/Life Sciences/or equivalent from a recognized University. NET Qualified is essential for JRF.
Desirable Experience: Taxonomy of moths in general and Pyralidae in particular.
Position Name: Field Assistant
Name of Project: “Assessment of moths (Lepidoptera) as significant pollinators in the Himalayan Ecosystem of North-East India’’
Age Limit: The upper age limit is 40 years. Age relaxation will be according to Govt. of India rules.
Remuneration: Rs.12, 000/- per month (consolidated)
Qualification: B.Sc. With Zoology as one of the subjects from a recognized university.
Desirable Experience: Taxonomy of moths, field experience and knowledge of computer will be an extra advantage.
- The above posts are only temporary and coterminous with this project.
- Candidates appearing for Walk-in-Interview Must register themselves from 9:45 AM to 10:45 AM on 22.04.2019 at Zoological Survey of India, Head Qtrs.,’M’ Block, New Alipore, Kolkata- 700053, West Bengal, India.
- Candidates should bring duly filled application form with all the testimonials (in original and one attested copy)
- Selected candidates will need to join immediately.
- No TA DA will be provided to the candidates appearing for the interview.
- The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right of rejection or selection of a candidature for example cancellation of the ad without assigning any reason.
- Interested applicants can send the duly filled form to Dr Navneet Singh, Scientist D & PI ([email protected])
View Notification & Download Application Format Below
Editor’s Note: life sciences jobs, research jobs, msc jobs, zoology jobs, msc jobs, project fellow careers, govt jobs, project jobs, zsi jobs, zoological survey of india jobs, msc zoology jobs, msc careers, msc recruitment, keep yourself updated via a Newsletter – Biotecnika Times Newsletter – which is all free and you get updates on a daily basis. Also, check out the Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud.