IISER Kolkata MSc Jobs
Technician (Molecular Biology Laboratory) vacancy for candidates with background in Life Sciences. IISER Kolkata is hiring msc life sciences candidates for a Technician (Molecular Biology Laboratory) job. Technician (Molecular Biology Laboratory) job for msc life sciences candidates at IISER Kolkata. IISER Kolkata is hiring as per the details below:
This job expires in :
Job Title: Technician (Molecular Biology Laboratory)
No.of Posts: One (1)
Name of the Project: “Multi-dimensional Research to Enable Systems Medicine: Acceleration using a Cluster Approach” (SyMec).
Tenure of this article will be initially for one year but likely to be extended for 2 more years subject to availability of fund and performance of the candidate.
Monthly Emolument: Rs. 18,000 a month (consolidated) with provision for performance-based yearly increment.
Essential Qualification: Master’s degree in any branch of Life Sciences/ Chemistry from a recognized University.
- Working experience in molecular biology and cell biology and previous experience in cell culture techniques, DNA/RNA extraction from cells and tissues, PCR and PCR-based genotyping, qPCR, ELISA, Western blot, Immunohistochemistry, Immunofluorescence techniques.
- Prior experience in working in a lab animal facility especially in handling small animals and knowledge about animal health monitoring procedures by molecular techniques and histology.
- Knowledge of using computers for record keeping and data analysis.
- The molecular biology technicians will be responsible for routine genotyping, record keeping of the lab animals and ensuring their genetic integrity.
- Additionally, the tech will be performing cell biological work and molecular biology work under SyMec project.
- Shouldn’t be allergic to animal odours/waste products/bedding materials and needs to be available on weekends/holidays for emergency duty.
Interested candidates may appear with full Bio-data along with original and photocopy of the mark sheets and documents.
- Venue: Room No: 226, 2nd Floor, TRC Building.
- Date of Interview: 1st April 2019.
- Reporting Time: 9:30 am, Commencement of Interview: 10:30 pm
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Editor’s Note: life sciences jobs, msc jobs, IISER Kolkata jobs, IISER Kolkata research, IISER Kolkata research careers, IISER Kolkata msc life sciences, life sciences job at IISER Kolkata, for more information on job opportunities, please check Biotecnika. You can also check out the Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud.