PhD Visiting Scientist Jobs
PhD Plant Breeding/ Plant Biotechnology/ Plant Genetics Visiting Scientist vacancy is available at ICRISAT. ICRISAT hiring for research vacancies, and phd candidates with biosciences as a qualification are eligible. Visiting Scientist jobs for phd candidates. Check out all the details posted below on the same:
This job expires in :
Name of Job: VISITING SCIENTIST – PEARL MILLET BREEDING
- Help in building and analyzing breeding and field datasets to encourage millet breeding program
- Contribute and assists for the documentation (publications and registrations) and accountable for documentations co-ordination with the breeding group
- Contribute and aids in the development of training materials and other SOP and guidelines such as micro-nutrient traits phenotyping
- Design and carry out field strategic experiments to evaluate biofortified breeding materials
- Data compilation, statistical analysis, aid in report writing in Harvest Plus project timely
- Contribute to the publication of action research results and success stories.
- Computer and Software skills for database management and experience working together with phenotypic and genotypic datasets
- Perform other related duties which might be assigned from time to time by the manager.
- PhD in Plant Breeding/ Plant Biotechnology/ Plant Genetics with at least 3-4 years post-doctoral research experience and experience in an applied breeding program
- Experience or familiarity with hybrid breeding, grain micronutrient traits, quantitative genetics, genomics and data management tools for improving breeding efficacy
- Experience in executing a breeding strategic research/experiment in fields/glasshouse and phenotyping capacities
- Demonstrated capability to documentation, publications and work collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams
- Willingness to travel widely in the region
- Great Comprehension of applied breeding theories and genomic assisted plant breeding
- Abilities to assist in various reporting/training events organized by the supervisor
This is a Visiting Scientist (VS) position for 2 years renewable depending on the performance of the incumbent as well as the institute’s ongoing need for this position.
How to Apply:
Applicants must apply on or before 10-March-2019, together with newest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact info of 3 references which are knowledgeable about your professional credentials and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. But, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
Deadline: on or before 10-March-2019
Editor’s Note: PhD jobs, visiting scientist jobs, plant breeding and genetics, plant biotechnology jobs, icrisat careers, icrisat vacancies, phd plant biotechnology jobs, plant genetics jobs, plant breeding jobs, icrisat careers, icrisat vacancies, icrisat jobs, icrisat vacancies, icrisat jobs, icrisat recruitment. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – a free service and also follow us on all of our social media. Also, check out the Podcast we have for free listen on a weekly basis on SoundCloud.