Novozymes India Careers 2019
MSc / MTech & BTech candidates with a background in Biotech/ Biological Sciences and Bioinformatics are encouraged to apply online at Novozymes. Novozymes hiring msc/ btech and mtech biosciences candidates for Data Scientist jobs. Check out all of the details on the same below:
Job Title: Data Scientist, Palm Oil- R&D, Bangalore, India
Job Area: Research and Development
Data Scientist, Research & Development- Palm Oil, Bangalore, India
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We utilize science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you may help find the biological answers and build the new businesses that may pave the way for a brighter future. Novozymes has embarked on a journey to further strengthen our ability to leverage scientific analytics and data in our research procedures. To support this, we’re currently looking for a Data Scientist to join the Data Science & Governance department, anchored in Scientific Data Management & Analysis within Novozymes Research. Novozymes has a strong foundation on traceability of key research management and data of our enormous amounts of genomics data. We wish to leverage this foundation whilst allowing seamless integration of currently less managed data sources.
As Data Scientist, you’ll be a part of an engaged team of data scientists and data engineers which help drive and support our data-driven research procedures. You’ll be working closely with research stakeholders performing data retrieval, integration, exploration and analysis. You’ll be involved together with the whole data value chain, from modelling research procedures with the intent of harvesting experimental data in a structured manner to developing the analytics supporting our research procedures.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- you’ll be directly involved in finalizing the development of our newest data infrastructure, especially a Data Lake for research analytics.
- You will interact with scientists and laboratory technicians to anchor processes by which experimental data is collected in the laboratory, stored and secured so it is available for data-driven research.
- You will mine applicable data from publicly available databases and portals to develop newer insights in application development
- You will analyze big data from commercial mill trials and develop a multivariate equation for quantifying the impact of variables on procedure yields and build predictive forecasting models based on historical data.
- You may drive the implementation of data analytics and science tools, and set and deliver relevant training in these.
- Where required, you will assist your research colleges across Novozymes in leveraging and gaining full value of this analytic toolchain, and you’ll act as an internal consultant where applicable.
- You may get involved in defining the data governance necessary to safeguard data while keeping agility high.
- You’ll be part of and help drive a global community across Novozymes research, in which information analytics and science can flourish and further drive our use of research data.
- Willing to travel as part of your project
Qualifications & Expertise:
- MSc or MTech in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Maths/Statistics Computer Sciences/ Data Sciences with an emphasis in biological data analysis and /or bioinformatics, and 3-4 years of hands-on experience in data science applications, or a PhD in Biological Sciences/Bioinformatics with 1-2 years of related experiences as mentioned below.
- Ideally, your scientific background is combined with a computer science degree and you’ve established programming expertise in Python.
- Experience with statistical and advanced data analytics preferably using R, Python and/or Jmp along with strong and documented hands-on expertise in data modeling, data analysis and visualization
- Solid comprehension of database systems (Postgres, mySQL, SQLServer, etc)
- Enough biotech domain knowledge to help you comprehend and generate meaningful insights from complex and heterogeneous research data sets and scientific work flows using statistical and advanced analytics and visualizations.
- Expertise in machine learning, AI could be an additional benefit
- A tenacious yet adaptable and receptive mindset that assists you to drive for results. You get a collaborative and powerful strategy, a strong customer focus and superb media and communication abilities
Editor’s Note: freshers job, freshers jobs, freshers QC jobs, QC analyst jobs, QC freshers job, freshers btech job, freshers msc job, life sciences, novozymes india careers, novozymes jobs, novozymes careers, novozymes recruitment, novozymes biotech jobs, novozymes biochem jobs, novozymes life sciences jobs, novozymes btech jobs, check out the Newsletter – a free subscription that you can avail by signing up for it once. And we have a Podcast available for free listen on