Genetics & Biotechnology Research Fellow Post @ ICRISAT
MSc Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/Genetics Senior Research Fellow – Genomics & Molecular Breeding vacancy is available at ICRISAT. ICRISAT hiring for research vacancies, and msc candidates with biosciences as a qualification are eligible. Senior Research Fellow jobs for msc candidates. Check out all the details posted below on the same:
This job expires in :
Name of Job: Senior Research Fellow – Genomics & Molecular Breeding
- Conducting analysis associated with genetic diversity, genetic mapping and Quantitative trait locus (QTL) analysis, population structure, genome-wide association studies
- Generating and performing genetic and genomic analyses using high-throughput genotyping / sequencing and phenotypic data for candidate gene discovery, marker development and molecular breeding, such as genomic selection
- Developing cost-effective and easy to genotype SSR/SNP assays for high throughput screening of breeding substance
- Processing, analyzing, and archiving genomic and phenotypic data sets, conducting analyses, interpreting findings, and compiling of results and writing reports
- Knowledge of modern breeding approaches like MABC, MARS along with genomic selection will be favoured
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor
- M.Sc. / M.Sc. (Ag) at Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/Genetics with NET eligibility and two decades of research expertise
- Preference will be given to candidate with working experience on genomics and molecular breeding.
- Great team player in cross-functional environments with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a consolidated position for three years, renewable based on the functioning of the incumbent, funding availability, and also the Institute’s continuing need for this position.
How to Apply:
Applicants must apply on or before 30 January 2019, together with newest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact info of 3 references which are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. But, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
Deadline: on or before 30 January 2019
Editor’s Note: msc genetics jobs, life sciences jobs, scientific officer jobs, research jobs, icrisat jobs, icrisat vacancies, icrisat jobs, icrisat recruitment. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – a free service and also follow us on all of our social media. Also check out the Podcast we have for free listen on a weekly basis on SoundCloud.