WWF, India Recruiting Life Sciences Candidates for Project Officer
World Wide Fund for Nature-India (WWF-India) is hiring MSc life sciences/Zoology and Botany candidates for a Project Officer- Species Conservation. Project Officer jobs for msc life sciences, zoology and botany candidates. For more details on the job profile, overview, responsibilities, application procedure etc., check the details below:
This job expires in :
Job Name: Project Officer-Species Conservation
A wildlife biologist within undertaking field research applied conservation. The biologist’s primary role is to anchor and progress WWF-India’s program actions in the Terai Arc Landscape-Bettaih, which will involve the following:
- Lead observation and on-ground conservation to encourage the recovery of tiger / co-predator and prey populations in and about Valmiki Tiger Reserve;
- Design and carry out studies to estimate corridor status and large-mammal utilization of corridors;
- Lead LEM work, in coordination with the forest department;
- Develop and implement habitat recovery measures in collaboration with experts;
- Engage with human-wildlife interface issues in the landscape;
- Responsible for technical reporting pertaining to tiger conservation initiatives in the study area;
- Assess factors that are attributed to human-tiger conflict and coordinate the implementation of mitigation measures; and
- Integrate monitoring with community-conservation initiatives in the landscape.
Location: Bettiah Field Office, Bihar
- Program Implementation and Technical Support
- Collaboratively design and implement biological surveys in and around Valmiki Tiger
- Reserve with focus on
- Monitoring tigers, co-predators, habitat and prey populations;
- Human-wildlife interactions;
- Corridor and connectivity
- Analyze data, prepared technical reports, and publish scientific papers and provide management-relevant inputs.
- Support species conservation in Valmiki TR and other parts of TAL, such as monitoring of species (tigers, rhinos, elephant, aquatic species), on a need basis.
- Identify, assess, develop and implement Human Wildlife Conflict (HWC) mitigation activities in Valmiki Tiger Reserve landscape, Bihar.
- The PO will be responsible for aiding and Associate Coordinator-Bettiah, Bihar in preparing strategy/projects for addressing trans-boundary tiger conservation in Valmiki
- Tiger Reserve and surrounding protected areas.
- Coordinate and help in implementing LEM work and capacity building of frontline forest staff.
- Work with local communities and other stakeholders to implement and address conservation issues in the landscape.
- The candidate will be responsible for effective liaisoning with stakeholders such as Govt. Department (s), Institutions(s), and NGOs for almost any issue pertaining to planning and implementation of project activities in the landscape.
- In additions, the candidate must also work closely together with the TAL team in landscape
Qualification and Expertise:
- Masters Wildlife Science/ Life Sciences/ Zoology/ Botany/ Forestry/ Environmental Science/Forest Management with 60% marks.
- Two years of expertise in working in wildlife/ conservation related issues.
- Expertise in wildlife monitoring (camera trapping, direct count), HWC, knowledge of analytical methods/software utilized to monitor terrestrial mammals is vital.
- Field expertise in Terai Arc Landscape is desired
- Great oral and written knowledge of English and Hindi are imperative.
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your entire name in the resume attachment), providing details regarding reimbursement received in the present assignment, expected salary, along with three references.
So as to make sure that your application is sorted properly, please say “Project Officer — Species Conservation”, at the subject line.
The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of just the shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Apply Via Mail to [email protected]
Last Day for sending applications: 15th January 2019
Editor’s Note: life sciences jobs, msc life sciences jobs, bihar jobs, wwf india jobs, wwf jobs, jobs in wwf , jobs wwf, Msc jobs at WWF, jobs at wwf india, wwf india careers, wwf india vacancies, biosciences jobs, biosciences careers, wwf india jobs, and for more such opportunities check out Biotecnika.