MSc Birbal Sahni Research Scholars (BSRSs) – Applications Invited
MSc candidates with relevant qualifications are encouraged to apply for ten Birbal Sahni Research Scholars (BSRSs) vacancies. Interested and eligible candidates with an msc background in botany are encouraged to apply for the Birbal Sahni Research Scholars (BSRSs) as per the details given below:
This call expires in :
BIRBAL SAHNI INSTITUTE OF PALAEOSCIENCES
(An Autonomous Institution under the Department of Science and Technology,
Government of India, New Delhi)
53, University Road, Lucknow – 226 007, UP (India)
ADVERTISEMENT No. 02/2018
Applications are invited for Ten Birbal Sahni Research Scholars (BSRSs) tenable at Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeosciences, Lucknow.
Eligibility: Masters degree (M.Sc.) In Botany/Geology/related discipline with high academic attainments both at the graduate and post-graduate levels.
Age Limit: 28 years as on 1st April 2018. A relaxation of age-limit up to 3 years could be considered by the Competent Authority in the case of applicants that are suitably qualified and possess some research training/ expertise in a relevant discipline. In the event of applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes, an age relaxation up to 5 years may be allowed. For PH candidates, the age relaxation will be applicable as per Government of India rules.
- The tenure of this BSRSs is two years. They will be entitled to a scholarship amount of Rs.25,000/PM during the first and second year. After two years, the progress report of this research scholars will be assessed by a Committee and, if found satisfactory, they’ll be permitted to continue for the third year with a scholarship amount of Rs.28,000/PM.
- Just the Indian citizens normally living in India are eligible for Research Scholarship.
- Mere fulfilling of the minimum qualification and experience requirements doesn’t necessarily entitle an applicant to be called for test and/or interview.
- Each of the applications received within the due date in response to the ad shall be considered for short-listing by a Screening Committee and only the candidates recommended by the Screening Committee will be called for test and/or interview. The conclusion of the Institute on short-listing will be closing and the Institute won’t entertain any correspondences in this regard.
- The number of Scholarships may vary. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any of the Scholarships.
- The award of the Scholarship will not imply any guarantee or assurance for
subsequent employment at the Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeosciences, Lucknow.
- Usual infrastructural facilities for research such as funds for field work, PhD registration fee and other relevant support will be provided by the Institute. The nomination of the Supervisor and Co-Supervisor (if needed) for Birbal Sahni Research Scholars and their placement of the Birbal Sahni Research Scholars in a Variety of Projects will be made by the Institute.
- HRA and medical benefits may be permitted According to the Staff Rules of the Institute.
- No research Scholar will be permitted to discontinue his/her scholarship without prior approval of the Institute.
- Every Research Scholar Will Need to sign an agreement with the Institute regarding the terms and conditions for the award of Birbal Sahni Research Scholarship to him/her before joining.
- For Additional details visit us in www.bsip.res.in
How to Apply:
Application on plain paper from the candidate, together with attested copies of mark-sheets, certificates, degrees, testimonials, etc., in order to reach the REGISTRAR, BIRBAL SAHNI INSTITUTE OF PALAEOSCIENCES, 53, UNIVERSITY ROAD, LUCKNOW 226 007, U.P. (INDIA) latest by 31st December 2018.
Deadline: latest by 31st December 2018.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Birbal Sahni Research Scholars (BSRSs) notifications, msc botany jobs, msc botany Birbal Sahni Research Scholars (BSRSs), botany Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeosciences Birbal Sahni Research Scholars (BSRSs). Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also, make sure you listen to the Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud.