Bioinformatics Scientist Post for Bioinformatics/Computational Biology Candidates @ Elucidata
Elucidata has assembled an elite group of scientists, engineers, and business development professionals to create technologies and products that will shape the future of drug discovery. Our platforms are built to integrate end-to-end workflows, from processing raw data to visualization to empower collaborative and reproducible research.
This job expires in :
Role: Bioinformatician Scientist
No. of Posts: 04
Experience: 1-2 yrs
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: New Delhi, India
Elucidata Address: 212, Shahpur Jat, New Delhi.
We are looking for teammates who think out-of-the-box and are not satisfied with quick fixes or canned solutions to our industry’s most challenging problems. As a member of the core leadership team, you will be part of a collaborative, fast-paced, and multi-disciplinary business environment. If you seek an intellectually stimulating environment where you can have a major impact on a critically important industry, we’d like to talk to you.
Elucidata is seeking a data science enthusiast for the role of Bioinformatics Scientist. In this role, you will be working with cutting-edge research labs in the world to understand and cure the most challenging diseases of our time. You will be responsible for revealing hidden patterns and information in biological big data and be a key part in helping us build the drug discovery platform of the future.
- Process and analyse metabolomic, transcriptional, genomics, proteomics and any other kind of biological data
- Communicate the findings from data and literature to colleagues and clients
- Communicate your work through blogs, meet-ups, research papers, posters, etc.
- Troubleshoot and implement improvements to existing pipelines and algorithms
- Implement new tools and pipelines to use for different types of biological data
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team with biologists, data scientists and data analysts
- Help with any other requirements (from database design to generating prototypes for the product team)
- 1-2 years of relevant bioinformatics experience such as public data mining, processing, analysing and visualising omics data, etc
- Understanding of molecular biology and biochemistry
- Comfort and experience with biological data
- Masters or Bachelors in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or related field
- Proficient in a programming language used for bioinformatics such as R or python
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to summarise and simplify complex analyses
- Strong analytical skills, curiosity and a knack to solve difficult problems
- Work well in multi-disciplinary teams with people of vastly different backgrounds
- Demonstrated success in collaboration and independent work
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
How to Apply: Send your resume along with a cover letter to [email protected]. The cover letter should mention why do you want to join Elucidata.
Deadline: 29th December 2018
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: elucidata jobs, elucidata careers, elucidate recruitment, msc bioinformatics jobs, bsc bioinformatics jobs, bachelors’ bioinformatics jobs, computational biology jobs, msc biotech jobs, bsc bioinformatics jobs, bachelor’s computational biology jobs, computational biology jobs, phd computational biology jobs. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter for more.