Application Specialist (NGS) for TB Vacancy @ FMR, India
The Foundation for Medical Research practices a combination of basic biomedical and translational research for diseases that affect vulnerable sections of Indian Society. FMR practices a combination of basic biomedical and translational research. Its traditional research areas are leprosy, tuberculosis and medicinal plants. Newer focus areas being developed include environmental health and malnutrition.
This job expires in :
Job Vacancy: Application Specialist – Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) for TB
Ph.D. in Bioinformatics / Genomics / Applied Biology / Genetic Engineering / Biotechnology / Molecular Biology / Life Sciences
Postgraduate (Masters) in Bioinformatics / Genomics / Applied Biology / Genetic Engineering / Biotechnology / Molecular Biology / Life Sciences
We are looking for a candidate with at least 2 years of experience in handling NGS technology – preferably Illumina based sequencing (experience in sample preparation, DNA library preparation, quality control and data analysis).
- Sound knowledge of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, whole genome sequencing, Linux OS, SQL, NGS tools, Python and R.
The candidate is required:
- To provide application support (consultation, training, troubleshooting) to laboratory scientists across various sites in India via Telephonic/Skype meetings or by visiting the sites regularly.
- Troubleshoot issues related to NGS experimental design (sample and library preparation), data processing, Illumina software operation.
- Perform preliminary on-site failure analysis to identify root cause and feedback to corresponding site or personnel.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with laboratory scientists at multiple sites.
- Doing timely follow up, daily reports and communications to the concerned head.
- Be comfortable with frequent domestic travelling.
How to Apply:
Please apply within 5 days with CV and photograph to HRD, The Foundation for Medical Research, 84-A, R. G. Thadani Marg, Worli, Mumbai – 400 018 or by e-mail to email@example.com (No telephonic enquiries).
Deadline: 10th December 2018
Editor’s Note: msc genomics jobs, msc applied biology jobs, msc jobs, foundation for medical research jobs, the foundation of medical research careers, research assistant jobs. Check out the Newsletter for more details.