10+ Govt Research & Project Positions Recruitment @ CSIR-CCMB
Amazing opportunity for phd, msc and btech Life Sciences/ Genetics and Plant Breeding/ Biotechnology/ Botany/ Biochemistry/Bioinformatics candidates at CCMB. CSIR – Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology Recruitment 2018. Check out all of the info on the dates, eligibility and more below:
This job expires in :
Title of the project: Towards product development in rice using mutants that have traits of agronomic importance [MLP0121]
Duration of the project: until March 2020
Name of Post: Research Associate-I
No. of Posts: Three
Upper age limit: 35 years.
Fellowship: Rs. 36,000/- p.m. to 40,000/- p.m. (depending upon the experience) + HRA as applicable/admissible
Essential Qualification: PhD in Life Sciences/ Genetics and Plant Breeding/ Biotechnology/ Botany/ Biochemistry/Bioinformatics with research expertise in crop plants (preferably rice)
M. Tech. In Life Sciences/ Genetics and Plant Breeding/ Biotechnology/ Botany/ Biochemistry/Bioinformatics with 60% marks and two years of research expertise in crop plants (preferably rice)
- 2 years of research experience, research publications in plant breeding, plant molecular biology/ plant biotechnology/ Plant genomics in the area of rice.
- Experience in performing crosses in rice.
Area of Requirement:
- at the area of bioinformatics: NGS data analysis and development of markers in rice
- in the area of plant breeding (rice):
- 1 for validation and development of markers in rice and
- 1 for phenotypic and molecular characterization of mutant rice plants
Name of Post: Project Assistant-II
No. of Posts: Seven
Upper age limit: 30 years.
Fellowship: Rs. 25,000/- p.m. + HRA as applicable/admissible
Essential qualification M.Sc in Agriculture/ Life Sciences/ Genetics and Plant Breeding/ Biotechnology/ Botany/ Biochemistry/Bioinformatics
B. Tech. In Agriculture/ Life Sciences/ Genetics and Plant Breeding/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Bioinformatics with 60% marks.
Desirable Qualifications: Research expertise molecular plant breeding (crossing), plant molecular biology/ plant biotechnology/ Plant genomics in rice (Oryza sativa)
Area of Requirement:
- 1 in the area of bioinformatics: NGS data analysis in rice – Four in the area of molecular plant breeding (rice): Phenotypic and molecular characterization of selected mutant rice plants
- One to validate markers in a rice mapping population
- One to assist in project management, indenting and receiving of chemicals, instruments etc.
General information and conditions:
- Positions are strictly temporary and on a contract basis.
- The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in the case of applicants belonging to scheduled castes/scheduled tribes/OBC, physically disabled and women applicants.
- Eligible candidates are expected to submit applications online.
- Selection of the candidates will be dependent upon initial screening based on qualifications as stated in the advertising. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- Candidates that have completed their degree with relevant qualifications/ expertise only need to apply.
- The engagement under project doesn’t confer any right/claim at all, either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for a routine appointment in CSIR/CSIR-CCMB, contrary to any post or otherwise under any legal conditions or precedent.
- All of the communication concerning the call for an interview will be through electronic mode (through E-mail/mobile)
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidate for appearing for the written test/interview.
- The performance of appointed candidates could be reviewed periodically so the candidates if found not up to the mark, might be terminated.
Application closing date on or before 16.12.2018
Editor’s Note: CSIR-CCMB Jobs, CSIR Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology Jobs, CCMB Recruitment, Research Associate Jobs, Btech Jobs, MSc Jobs, Life Sciences Jobs, life sciences careers. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also make sure you are following us on our YouTube channel for more on the latest in the Biosciences Industry.