Senior Bioinformatics Scientist Position Vacant @ Elucidata
“Our mission is to make data-driven understanding of disease, the default starting point in the drug discovery process. Our products & services further the understanding of the ways in which diseased cells are different from healthy ones. This understanding helps scientists discover new drugs in a more effective manner and complements the move towards personalization.
Biological big data will outpace data generated by YouTube and Twitter by 10x in the next 7 yrs. Our platform Polly will enable scientists to process different kinds of biological data and generate insights from them to accelerate drug discovery. Polly is already being used at premier biopharma companies like Pfizer and Agios; and academic labs at Yale, MIT, Washington University. Elucidata is recruiting Biotech, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology candidates for the vacancy whose details are given below”.
This job expires in :
Job Name: Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
Location: New Delhi
Compensation: 10-15 LPA
As a senior bioinformatician at Elucidata, you will be working with cutting-edge research labs in the world to understand and cure the most challenging diseases of our time. You will be responsible for revealing hidden patterns and information in biological big data and be a key part in helping us build the drug discovery platform of the future.
- Process and analyse metabolomic, transcriptional, genomics, proteomics and any other
kind of biological data
- Interpret the data in the context of relevant biological literature to generate actionable
- Communicate the findings from data and literature to biologists and use the biological
insights to derive next steps/analyses
- Communicate work through blogs, meet-ups, research papers, posters, etc.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and implement improvements to existing pipelines and algorithms
- Identify and implement new tools and pipelines to use for different types of biological
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team with biologists, data scientists and data analysts
- Help with any other requirements (from database design to generating prototypes for the product team)
- 3-5 years of relevant bioinformatics experience such as public data mining, processing,
analysing and visualising omics data, etc
- Ph.D., Masters or Bachelors in Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Computational Biology, or
- Understanding of molecular biology and biochemistry
- Comfort and experience with biological research and data
- Proficient in a programming language used for bioinformatics such as R or python
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to summarise and simplify complex analyses for a non-technical audience
- Strong analytical skills, curiosity and a knack to solve difficult problems
- Work well in multi-disciplinary teams with people of vastly different backgrounds
- Demonstrated success in collaboration and independent work.
Method of applying: Send your application along with a cover letter to [email protected]
Deadline: 15th December 2018
Editor’s Note: elucidata jobs, elucidata careers, elucidate recruitment, msc bioinformatics jobs, phd bioinformatics jobs, bachelors’ bioinformatics jobs, biotechnology jobs, msc biotech jobs, phd biotech jobs, bachelor’s biotech jobs, computational biology jobs, phd computational biology jobs. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter for more.