World Health Programme Food Tech Programme Policy Officer Job
World Health Programme is hiring postgraduate food technology candidates for a Programme Policy Officer (Food Fortification) vacancy. Interested and eligible candidates with the requisite qualifications and relevant experience are encouraged to apply online for the vacancy as per the details given below:
This job expires in :
Requisition # 100401
Position Title: Programme Policy Officer (Food Fortification)
Duty Station: New Delhi, India
Type of Contract: Service Contract- SB Band 4 level 9
Duration of assignment: 1 year (renewable for a maximum of two years)
Reporting to: Head of the Nutrition Unit
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Programme Policy Officer (Food Fortification) under the overall guidance of the Head of the Nutrition Unit and as an integral part of the nutrition unit will be responsible for supporting and contributing towards WFP’s food fortification efforts.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Provide support to the government counterparts at the National level in the development of policy documents, plans, and supporting the solutions for implementation bottlenecks etc towards mainstreaming of fortification in the social safety nets.
- Provide technical assistance in consultation with the Nutrition team to the Interested State Governments on rice fortification in addition to other food fortification initiatives.
- This may include technological advise, development of well-costed project proposals, terms of reference etc..
- Maintain, strengthen and develop new partnerships on food fortification with different stakeholders, including civil society, research institutions, private sector and development partners.
- Support the organization of advocacy meetings and sensitization events on food fortification.
- Document achievements, best practices and lessons learned on food fortification to improve learning within WFP and amongst partners at national level.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of advocacy strategy and materials aimed at improving commitment, knowledge and understanding of decision-makers, the private sector, public sector,
- The general public, people benefiting from food fortification.
- Advocate for rice fortification at conferences, workshop and consultations in coordination with the Unit head.
- Perform any other duty in the technical area of the consultation as required.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND LANGUAGE:
- Education: Postgraduate degree in food sciences, food technology, nutrition or related field.
- Language: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- A minimum of 7 years work experience of which at least 2-3 years of working closely in the area of food fortification.
- Previous experience of working in partnership with the government/UN agency/INGO is desired.
- Expertise with programme cycle management (design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) of large-scale food fortification programmes with public health objectives.
- Successful track record in networking with government/public sector, the private sector, civil society, UN agencies, donors and research institutions.
- Expertise in capacity development particularly of government counterparts and the private sector on aspects related to food fortification.
- The evidence-based approach, incl. Experience with research, academic publications, etc.
- Experience with rice, wheat, oil, salt and milk sectors in India would be an asset
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong technical knowledge of nutrition, such as nutrients.
- Sound knowledge of the status of food fortification in the nation such as the vision of the government of India on the same.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical skills, strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with an ability to effectively handle multiple tasks concurrently.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Ability to engage effectively with a wide range of actors from government, the private sector and civil society;
- Strong planning and problem-solving Abilities and activity oriented;
- Strong computer knowledge and skills;
- Ability to deliver on tight deadlines and simultaneously handle multiple tasks in an autonomous manner;
- Maturity, initiative, courtesy, tact and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to Deal with any other additional tasks as requested by the supervisor;
- Capability to undertake frequent travel;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The position is open to Indian nationals only.
- That is a Service Contract position and is subject to payment of income tax, which is the responsibility of the subscriber.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the selection process.
CLOSING DATE OF VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – 26 OCTOBER 2018
Editor’s Note: World Health Programme Jobs, Food Tech Jobs, Programme Policy Officer (Food Fortification) jobs, MSc Food Tech Jobs, MSc Jobs, MSc Policy Officer (Food Fortification) jobs, World Health Programme Food Tech Jobs. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also follow our Podcast on SoundCloud.