MSc Food Tech Scientist Post Vacant @ U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP)
M.Sc. degree in Food Technology & Food Sciences candidates can check out the Scientist III, Compendial Development Laboratory (Foods) vacancy at U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP). U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) is hiring MSc food science and food technology for a Compendial Development Laboratory (Foods) vacancy and check out the details below:
Job Title: Scientist III, Compendial Development Laboratory (Foods)
Job Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Tracking Code: 1135-679
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets criteria for its identity, quality, strength, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed globally. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the USA by the Food and Drug Administration, and such criteria are employed in over 140 nations.
This is a non-supervisory place at the Compendial Development Laboratory (CDL) within Global Laboratory Operations. The incumbent will be accountable for performing USP/NF/FCC method development and method validation projects and preserving safety and GLP environment in the laboratory. This position is a component of USP’s core business and the incumbent is expected to support monograph modernization initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Literature search for the USP/FCC/NF projects
- To ensure the project’s requirements by coordinating with the Group Leader.
- To involve in project execution, method development and validation of USP/ FCC/NF projects.
- To be sure the knowledge on food samples preparation and different extraction processes.
- Working knowledge of food ingredients and Food products for method development and Validation
- Provided effective technical and scientific experience regarding food analytical development
- Engage in project planning, execution, method development and validation of projects according to set criteria as USP general chapters, guidelines, SOPs and protocols.
- Make sure the project updates are provided to the supervisor on regularly.
- To coordinate with Group Leader to complete the USP/ FCC/NF projects within timelines.
- Responsible for preparation and review of SOPs, protocols, reports etc.
- Responsible for review of the records and documents.
- To ensure that the calibrations of this equipment are performed in accordance with the schedule.
- Accountable for preparing, executing and completing IQ/OQ/PQ of new instruments.
- To indent the required glassware, columns and compounds for the USP/FCC/NF projects.
- To preserve GLP & safety procedures while working in Laboratory.
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry (Food tech / Food science/Analytical / Organic) or Pharmaceutical Sciences with 5-7 years of experience.
- An outstanding breadth of food industry experience is preferable.
- Outstanding technical writing and oral communication skills needed.
- Has to have the ability to communicate effectively with diplomacy and enthusiasm.
- Technical and analytical skills needed including the ability to translate technical information.
- Must possess hands-on experience in working together with chemical methods and handling instruments like HPLC, UHPLC, LC-MS, GC, GC-MS, IC, ICP-OES/MS, FTIR, UV-Visible.
- Must have fair Comprehension of GLP regulations and exposed to outside regulatory audits
- Possess a fine understanding of USP/NF/FCC monographs/general chapters/general notices.
- Exposure to GMP/GLP/QMS environment and documentation processes and champions the data integrity.
- Ought to be capable of performing analytical method developments and method validations using modern practices and protocols.
- Great analytical abilities in handling method development and Validations for Food ingredients and food items.
- Must have exposure to GMP/GLP environment and documentation processes.
- Awareness of ISO/IEC 17025 is desired.
Editor’s Note: Looking for opportunities in the food tech aspect of the industry? Want to know where you can find information on the same? Heard of the Biotecnika Times Newsletter? Did you know that it is a free subscription service? For more such r & d jobs, r&d jobs in india, research and development jobs, make sure you are following us on all of our social media profiles like Twitter and Facebook.