Computational Biologist Position Vacant @ LifeBytes
The LifeBytes Consulting is seeking a highly motivated Computational Biologist with diverse skill base to join our R&D team in Omic data analysis. LifeBytes provides a wide range of bioinformatics services including next-generation sequencing (NGS), bioinformatics tools, database development and omic data integration. We are looking for a PhD level candidates to join our team to work on exciting research projects.
In the new role you will:
- Develop and implement methodologies and tools as needed, keeping abreast of industry trends and new technologies, and recommending potential solutions based on the latest technical developments.
- Lead projects as the principal bioinformatician to ensure they are managed in a timely and efficient manner, appropriately documented and provide follow up support services after initial project completion.
- Provide analysis support for research in NGS data (e.g. genomic, transcriptomic, epigenomic, metagenomic) analysis and further interpret the results with high-end statistical or integrative approaches.
- Analyze, interpret, evaluate, and discuss the results of studies with clients as part of the planning process for subsequent studies.
- Communicate with clients and help them strategically plan the project initially.
- Author documentation of samples, data and project details and also user guides, documentation of scripts/pipelines developed for the same.
- Provide automation-related technical expertise as a member of a cross-functional team
- You will use the community best practices, to prototype, develop, execute, test and roll out production level Bioinformatics analysis pipelines.
To be fit for this role you need the following:
- Candidates should have a Ph.D., in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology/any life science domain with demonstrated experience in bioinformatics & programming [PhD is mandatory].
- Candidates with papers published in reputed journals which exhibits the capabilities of data analysis skills.
- Functional fluency in at least one programming language like Perl/Python/Ruby.
- Experience in R and Shell scripting, ideally to the level of handling NGS datasets.
- Experience in analyzing large volume datasets of various NGS application data.
- In-depth knowledge in setting up workflows and performing the analysis such as variation calling, structural variants, epigenomics, metagenomics and integrating multiple applications data.
- Experience in one of the following will be given priority: mathematical modelling, statistics, multi-omics integrative analysis, machine learning experience or knowledge in interpreting biological data.
- Excellent team player in cross-functional environments with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write well and, a strong interest in biology (for computer scientists) is highly desired.
- Basic/Advanced experience in any of the following: MySQL or web designing or Java or Structural bioinformatics.
In your new role you will get:
- Highly competitive salary, 8-15 lakhs/annum, depending on the experience/skills.
- To work on a variety of highly reputed lab’s NGS related projects, multi-omics and improve your exposure.
- Training and guidance in the areas that you might need improvements.
- Exciting on-site opportunity with regular international visits for client interaction and training.
Start date: Jan 2019
Job Location: Bangalore, India
How to Apply:
Please send Cover Letter, your CV and a one-page statement of research interests to [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
LifeBytes India Pvt Ltd
Bioinformatics service provider
Bangalore, KARNATAKA – India
Editor’s Note: phd jobs, computational biology jobs, bioinformatics jobs, life sciences jobs, phd life sciences jobs, phd bioinformatics jobs, computational biologist jobs, lifebytes jobs, lifebytes careers. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter for more details.