PhD Biosciences Job Opportunity @ Bangalore Life Science Cluster (BLiSc)
Facility Assistant job at C-CAMP/NCBS/inStem, Bangalore. Bangalore Life Science Cluster (BLiSc) comprising of C-CAMP/NCBS/inStem hiring biosciences candidates for Facility Assistant vacancy. PhD Biosciences candidates can apply online for the Facility Assistant job. MSc candidates can check out all of the details below:
This job expires in :
The HCS Research Core Facility offers infrastructure and expertise for assay development, assay miniaturization, chemical and genetic screening (phenotypic cell based in addition to target-based screens). This includes experience in cell culture, robotics platform, genetic and chemical libraries, higher content imaging and data analysis. The facility develops and adapts various screening related methods to provide cutting-edge solutions for individual research projects.
Designation: Facility In-charge: High throughput/High Content Screening (HCS) Facility at the Bangalore Life Science Cluster (BLiSc)
The successful candidate will:
- lead the BLiSc Screening Core Facility and coordinate a group of staff.
- consult scientists on the technical capacities of various screening platforms available
- support researchers with state-of-the-art assay testing and development solutions
- Develop and implement new techniques to keep the performance of the unit at the highest possible level
- adapt software and hardware as appropriate to particular needs
- Coordinate activities with other labs within the BLiSc campus to maximize synergy
- Handling the daily operations of this High throughput/High Content Screening core facility.
- Work closely with end users for miniaturising assays for screening platforms, in Addition, to provide additional automation alternative using the accessible robotics
- Develop and enhance the performance of this facility.
- Develop tools, approaches and methods to examine large content datasets, keeping abreast of emerging trends in this fast evolving discipline
- Develop and conduct training programs for both pupils and students to find out hands-on assay development, miniaturisation, screening and investigation
- Ensuring that the facility keeps state-of-the-art instrumentation and is working at the frontiers of their appropriate field.
- Assist in the biological interpretation of screening data
- Ensure routine maintenance on instrumentation and servers
- Present work at internal and external meetings
- Overseeing expenses and budget
Essential Qualifications and Expertise:
- PhD with post-PhD experience, chiefly in assay development and Higher content screening
- Immediate Hands-on experience with cell-based and homogeneous assays, assay miniaturisation, great working knowledge of the instrumentation involved involving automated imaging systems, robotics platforms like Tecan, liquid dispensers, plate readers and information storage solutions
- Hands-on expertise with analysis software, rather open source environment
- Experience with statistical packages, data visualization and coding skills is a plus
- Strong analytical abilities
- Great communication skills and an ability to engage with scientists, comprehend their scientific needs and provide inputs on testing and automation solutions
- Great organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to train, teach students and trainees for their screening projects.
- Willingness to construct a centre for wide use, together with all the emphasis on method development, and analysis.
- Willingness to work within the mandates of those institutes.
- Strong team spirit and work ethic.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and abilities, in line with institutional norms.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants can send in the following information by email to [email protected]
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter and statement of purpose on what they would like to apply for this position.
- Specify “HTS Facility Assistant Position” in the subject line of your email
Last Day to Apply: 17th October 2018
Editor’s Note: ncbs jobs, ncbs biology jobs, research jobs, phd jobs, biological sciences jobs, phd Biological Sciences jobs, jobs in biological sciences, biological sciences jobs, jobs for biosciences, check out Biotecnika Times Newsletter. You can also follow us on all of our social media profiles like Twitter and Facebook.