Govt Life & Biosciences Research Biologist Post Vacant @ SACON
Govt msc Bioinformatics/Biochemistry/Biophysics/Molecular Biology/Biotechnology Jr. Research Biologist positions vacant at SACON. Master’s degree with a biosciences background are eligible to apply for Junior Research Biologist positions. SACON is recruiting msc candidates with relevant eligibility are encouraged to walk-in for the positions below:
This job expires in :
Name of the Position: Junior Research Biologist (01 No)
Age: Below 28 years on the date of interview; The upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Women and Physically challenged category
Duration: 2 years from the date of engagement and Might be extended for a further period based on the Need for This project
Fellowship: Rs. 25,000/- per month and HRA as applicable
Essential Qualifications: Minimum 55% marks in Masters’ Degree in Zoology/Life Sciences/ Wildlife Sciences/Bioscience/Biodiversity/Wildlife Conservation/Environmental Sciences/ Ecology and Evolution and related subjects,
Desirable Qualifications: Candidates with rock climbing experience will be given preference. Candidates must be fluent in Hindi writing and speaking and willing to operate in tough terrain requirements,
Description of Work: The chosen candidate is expected to study ecology and behaviour of swiftlets and assist the Principal Investigator in project activities.
Name of the Position: Junior Research Biologist — Bioinformatics (1 No)
Age: Under 28 years on the date of interview; The upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Girls and Physically challenged class
Duration: 2 years from the date of engagement and Might be extended for an Additional period based on the necessity of this project
Fellowship: Rs. 25,000/monthly and HRA as applicable
Essential Qualification: Minimum 55% marks in Masters’ Degree (MSc/MTech) at Bioinformatics/Biochemistry/Biophysics/Molecular Biology/Biotechnology in a recognized University
- Database development skills and programming skills in C, C++ and Java
- Expertise in Perl
- Expertise in Functional genomics of animals
- Expertise in de novo whole genome sequence assembly and tertiary analysis
- Experience in performing whole genome sequencing using NGS machines
- Must have expertise in bioinformatics tool development
Description of Work: The chosen candidate is expected to undertake next-generation sequencing, complete genome sequence assembly such as tertiary analysis, maintain laboratory server and help project Investigators in additional project activities.
General Terms & Conditions:
- Candidates applying for the above position must have the Essential Qualification according to the details provided against the position.
- Selected candidate will be engaged for a period mentioned against the advertised position. Subsequently his/her tenure could be extended depending upon the exigencies of work at the sole discretion of the Centre and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
- Selected candidate may be permitted hostel lodging at SACON according to availability. Other benefits and advantages to this research personnel are admissible in accordance with the rules of this Centre.
- The choice of the candidate(s) will be based on the walk-in-interview to be held in SACON, Moongilpallam, Anaikatty, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu on 10.10.2018. Candidates must report to the place at 09.00 AM on the interview day for registration.
- Canvassing in any form is accountable for rejection of their candidature.
- The Centre won’t offer accommodation for candidates appearing for the interview.
- The Director, SACON reserves the right to deny any candidature in view of incomplete information given by the candidate or for another reason.
How to Apply:
The application form may be downloaded from the link www.sacon.in.
Duly filled-in application together with self-attested photocopies of reviews of educational qualifications such as mark sheets, research experience, date of birth, community certification etc ought to be submitted at the time of interview. Additionally, the original documents should be produced for verification.
Editor’s Note: biotech jobs, biophysics jobs, biochem jobs, mol bio jobs, govt recruitment, govt jobs, sacon jobs, sacon research jobs, msc botany jobs, research biologist jobs, msc jobs, plant sciences msc job. Please subscribe to the Free Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also follow us on all of our social media platforms.