IISc Hiring Bioinformatics Candidates for JRF / SRF Position
KSS Lab – IISc is hiring BTech & MSc Bioinformatics & Computational Biology Candidates for Junior Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow vacancy. Interested and eligible candidates check out all of the details on job descrition, additional skills, eligibility and application procedure below:
This job expires in :
Cancer development is a complex process involving the accumulation of genetic alteration in genes that normally regulate cell proliferation, differentiation and death. In the laboratory, my research team is seeking to understand the molecular mechanisms underlying the development of central nervous system tumors, in particular gliomas which are tumors arising from glial cells. The grade IV glioma (Glioblastoma; GBM) is the most common, malignant primary brain tumor in adults. The prognosis remains poor with median survival ranging from 12-17 months in spite of improvements in treatment protocol. While primary aim of KSS lab is to understand the biology of glioma, we also develop biomarkers/ signatures for better grading, prognosis and treatment. Some specific aspects of study focus on miRNA, DNA methylation and chromatin modifications1-11. We also use next generation sequencing to identify novel genetic alterations and gene fusions in gliomas.
Job Title: Junior/Senior research fellow @ Indian Institute of Science (MCB Dept)
- The KSS lab of the Microbiology and Cell Biology department of IISc is looking for individuals who are well versed with Next Generation Sequencing and Microarray data analysis.
- The primary research interest of the lab is genetics of brain tumors.
- The work will include analysis of NGS data (WGS, WES, RNA-Seq , RIP-Seq and ChIP-Seq) for detection of novel variants and genetic abnormalities associated with cancer of glial cells.
- Furthermore, variants identified through NGS analysis will be correlated with gene expression and methylation status of in-house and external tumor samples and vice versa.
- The position is meant for 2 years (compulsory) and extendable by one more year.
- Additional details regarding the ongoing work in the lab can be obtained from the lab website: http://mcbl.iisc.ac.in/KumarS/
Candidates completed recently (within last two-three years) any of the following degrees are required:
B.Tech/B.E./MSc or higher in Bioinformatics/Computational Biology.
NET/CSIR/BINC qualified will be preferred.
- A short write-up of NGS based / Microarray based project is mandatory.
- Contact information of three referees should be provided.
Additional Skills Required:
- Applicants must have previous experience in NGS data analysis and Microarray data analysis.
- Applicants must be comfortable with the Linux operating system and command line interface.
- Applicants must be well versed with at least 1 programming language (C, perl, java, etc).
- Fluency in R statistical programming is desired.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can send their resume to [email protected]
Last date of application: 24/08/2018
Editor’s Note: iisc jobs, iisc bioinformatics jobs, computational biology jobs, jrf jobs, srf jobs, research fellow jobs, junior research fellow jobs, senior research fellow jobs, btech jobs, chekc out more details on the same via the Newsletter.