Biotech & Biochem Scientist – Bioassay Position Vacant @ (USP)
M.Sc. degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology candidates can check out the Scientist I, Bioassay vacancy at U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP). U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) is hiring msc biotech, microbiology and biochemistry for a scientist vacancy and check out the details on the same below:
Job Title: Scientist I, Bioassay
Job Location: Hyderabad, IN
Tracking Code: 1177-679
This is a hands-on, non-supervisory place in USP-India’s Biologics Bioassay Laboratory. Within this place, the Scientist will function in vitro assays for a variety of biologics product category including Recombinant Proteins and mAbs, Peptides, Blood Products etc..Scientist will cause hands-on execution of jobs on collaborative testing of reference criteria, characterization of biological products, procedure development and validation and leading to different job kinds of USP-NF (Documentary Standards, Physical Reference Standard & Performance Standards). Additionally, the Scientist will also actively participate and lead in Verification testing program, USP Education program along with other national and international RS growth programs. The Scientist will implement 100 percent of the work at the bench level and lead in the cross-functional area(s) for example Molecular biology, Microbiology and Physico-chemical characterization of Biologics according to necessity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Aligns with USP’s mission, goals and aims. And complies with all USP’s guidelines and other requirements.
- Independently implements all testing/evaluation, and documents experimental information ensuring clear and precise transcription of calculations and results
- Independently plans and implements Compendial jobs, Verification and R&D jobs, and drafts and reviews project reports for entry.
- Demonstrates compliance with USP’s QMS strategies and best practices.
- Demonstrates strong skills and experience in laboratory Procedures and troubleshooting
- Participates in Lab management activities and coordinates with cross-functional team members at USP India
- Participates in training courses
- Demonstrates strong desire towards continuous learnings and performs other duties as Delegated
- M.Sc. In Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology or some other relevant stream with 2-4 years of experience in Bioassay & associated region (s).
- Practical experience working with Biotherapeutics products mostly in Bioassay is required.
- Experience in cell culture methods and in vitro cell based/cell-free potency assays and data evaluation software is needed to. Knowledge of clean room requirements, calibration and operation of analytical tools, the establishment of processes and systems is necessary.
- Strong comprehension of QMS and superior communications skills are favoured.
- Expertise in molecular biology and coagulation assays is desired. Hands-on expertise in Coagulation Analyzer and Flow Cytometer is desired.
- Working understanding of laboratory management systems and practices such as
- Inventory Management system is strongly favoured.
- Must have great communication ability, in addition, ought to be a great team player.
Editor’s Note: Looking for opportunities in the bioassay aspect of the industry? Want to know where you can find information on the same? Heard of the Biotecnika Times Newsletter? Did you know that it is a free subscription service? For more such r & d jobs, r&d jobs in india, research and development jobs, make sure you are following us on all of our social media profiles like Twitter and Facebook.