ICGEB Biological Sciences Job Vacancy for PhD Candidates
Jobs for eligible and interested candidates at ICGEB, with a posting in Cape Town South Africa. PhD biological sciences candidates can apply for a Group Leader, Biopesticide vacancy. PhD Biological Sciences (Biotech) jobs for eligible candidates at ICGEB, check out all of the details on the same below:
This job expires in :
Designation: Group Leader, Biopesticide
Place of Posting: Cape Town, South Africa
Duration: 1 year and can be extended based on the availability of funds.
Level: P1-VIII (UN Salary Scale)
Under the direct supervision of the Cape Town Component Director, the incumbent will initiate and develop activities of a Biopesticide Research Group. The Group Leader will create a research plan for your Group, also will be responsible for:
- Directing the actions of this Biopesticide Group with special reference to the dissemination of scientific information regarding technical and other pertinent elements of biopesticides;
- Create predictive and efficient regulatory procedures for Biopesticides with specific reference to Track Invasive Alien Species (IAS) and indicating proper interventions;
- Create more efficient biopesticide formulations for the advantage of ICGEB Member States
- Creating a successful fundraising strategy to encourage and preserve the Group’s actions.
- Supervising MSc and PhD students and Post-doctoral Fellows
It’s anticipated that the incumbent will match present ICGEB actions in related disciplines by working closely with:
- ICGEB Biosafety Group at Trieste — that has extensive expertise in risk assessment of GMOs, and a broad community especially in Africa:
- ICGEB Bacteriology Group at Trieste — An understanding of microbial interactions between possible microbial biocontrol agents could be helpful and consequently, collaboration with all the Bacteriology Group is crucial;
- ICGEB Plant-Insect Interaction and Plant RNAi Biology Groups in New Delhi — Implementing knowledge of the genomes of pests and their natural enemies may lead to various vital improvements in biopesticide growth. International Centre for Genetic ICGEB Engineering and Biotechnology Developing Knowledge
PhD Degree in agricultural or biological science together with specialisation in biotechnology and biopesticides. A minimum of 5 years active experience in biosafety things in sub-Saharan Africa is an extra advantage.
How to Apply:
Candidates must submit their whole CV by finishing the ICGEB’s Personal History Form available online at http://www.icgeb.org/vacancies.html, together with a cover letter outlining motivation for application and complete contact information of 2 referees.
ICGEB is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified individuals irrespective of their race, gender, handicap, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Applications should be addressed to Dr. Luiz Zerbini, ICGEB Cape Town Component, Wernher and Beit Building (South), UCT Campus, Anzio Road, Observatory 7925, Tel: +27-21-650 7643, Fax: +27-21-406 6060 Mail: [email protected] via email quoting reference ZAF/01/09/18.
Deadline: 20 July 2018
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: icgeb jobs, icgeb careers, icgeb recruitment, icgeb phd jobs, biological sciences jobs, biological sciences careers, phd biology jobs, phd biotech jobs, biotechnology jobs, biotech careers, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – a free service that you can avail by signing up for it once and also you can even follow us on all of our social media like Twitter and Facebook.