MSc & PhD Scientist Post For Biosciences Candidates @ Thermo Fisher
MSc & PhD biosciences candidates with experience in molecular biology, immunology are encouraged to apply online for a Scientist position that is vacant at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Thermo Fisher hiring for Scientist vacancy as per the details posted below:
Job Title : Scientist III
Job ID : 68124BR
Location : Bangalore, India
This role is for a team lead position where the Senior Scientist would be responsible for leading a recombinant protein and operations support function to purify recombinant antigens and antibodies at a moderate industrial scale. Foster innovation and antibody development using cutting edge recombinant protein expression and purification technologies in a high-throughput environment. The team lead will also act as the technical expert and be the spokesperson on bringing in cutting-edge technologies to enhance scale for different recombinant antigen/antibody expression projects.
Upstream Antigen Process
- Keeping abreast with advancements and next-gen technologies in the protein purification field
- Reviewing data generated from routine analytical techniques for protein purification and purity (column chromatography, HPLC and Akta systems)
- Supervising and mentoring a team involved in antigen production using various recombinant protein expression/ purification methodologies (affinity, IEC, SEC etc.) and bacterial, insect or mammalian cell culture systems
- Initiate, plan and execute routine workflow.
- Troubleshooting expression failures on a routine basis and exploring alternate systems
Downstream Antibody Process
- Deliver high quality results according to project schedule in support of product commercialization during early feasibility, development, validation phases.
- Monitoring calibration log, instruments operation and cleaning log
- Conduct routine lab meetings and reviews
- Routine Protein A or Protein G based affinity chromatography or antigen-specific chromatography to purify monoclonal or polyclonal antibodies using high throughput AKTA prime systems
- Responsible for data integrity and accuracy.
- Facilitate and monitor product launch.
- Batch SOP revision and uploading
- Review QC documents, batch records and GMP
- Supervising shipment and document initiation of the final product
- Ensure handover of finished products to downstream packaging team
Education & Experience levels:
- Candidates should have an M.Sc. degree with 7 + years industrial experience or a Ph.D. with 2 + years of experience in the area of biochemistry or biophysics integrated with cell biology, molecular biology, immunology or related fields. Experience in various recombinant protein expression and purification methodologies and exposure to a high-throughput work environment is necessary.
- GLP, GMP or any other certification in laboratory practices, EHS certification and certification in implementing and handling automation will be considered as an added bonus.
Type of experience:
- Proven track record in antigen design, different methodologies of recombinant DNA construction, protein expression, affinity, monoclonal and polyclonal antibody scale-up with a focus on automation and high-throughput protein purification systems
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and influence colleagues on cross-functional teams
- Prior demonstrated success leading small teams.
- Experience in assessing the scientific talent of a team, re-design roles as needed, and develop and recruit scientific talent.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Has experience working in a high-throughput environment and should have demonstrated multi-tasking abilities for routine purification of proteins at a high scale.
- Strong understanding and at least 5 years or more hands-on experience of protein purification using systems like AKTAprime and purity analysis using HPLC, UPLC etc.
- In-depth knowledge of protein expression systems (bacterial, insect and mammalian), vectors, tags, chromatography techniques
- Understanding of protein structures and modifications.
- Has extensive molecular cloning, recombinant protein expression and purification experience using different systems.
- Should be well-versed with various formulations and chemical compositions for antibody preservation and stability. Industrial experience of 3 years or more is a must.
- Prior experience with audits and ISO or equivalent certifications is a must.
- Has extensive experience in protein purification and biophysical methods.
- Experience with inventory management.
- Should have experience in preparation of competent cells (for use in chemical or electroporation based transformation)
- Should have 5 years or more of industrial experience in downstream antibody scale-up and purification using protein A/G affinity purification
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals would be a bonus. Good understanding of research projects using standard techniques and protocols
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Should have a clear understanding and laboratory skills in the area of immunoassays like western blot, ELISA, and immunofluorescence
- Should be a good team player, ready to learn new techniques and innovative thinker.
- GMP experience, QC documentation, batch records and QPS
Editor’s Note:thermo fisher jobs, thermo fisher india careers, thermo fisher scientific india jobs, thermo fisher current openings, msc jobs, phd jobs, cell biology jobs, immunology jobs, msc immunology jobs, check out the free Newsletter we have and also follow us on all of our social media platforms.