Freshers Job @ NCBS | Lab Manager Posts for Biology Candidates
Freshers bsc job at NCBS. National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bengaluru April 2018 BSc Biology jobs. National Centre for Biological Sciences job vacancies for BSc Biology candidates. Lab manager vacancies for bsc biology candidates with 0-2 years experience at NCBS, Bengaluru. Check out all of the walk-in details on the same below:
This job expires in :
National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) – Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research Institute is looking for appointment of Laboratory Managers on Short term contract. The contract will be initially for a period of Six months only and may be extended upto maximum of Three year. Applicants with over/higher qualifications will not be considered.
The main responsibility would be up keeping of Laboratory with high standard.
Brief Job Description:
- He/She will supervise routine jobs carried out by Laboratory assistants daily to ensure that quality is maintained
- Responsible for monitoring quality of media prepared by Laboratory kitchen staff.
- Responsible for monitoring sterilized items and all other duties performed by laboratory kitchen to ensure that quality is maintained.
- Maintains laboratory equipment by developing standard operating procedure, quality standards, service and repair in co ordination with-in house team.
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Formulation of policy for various activities in the laboratory in consultation with other members of the group.
- Responsible for all ordering in the department, organization of invoices and receipts, and contact with vendors.
- Manage departmental budget for supplies, service contracts, and maintenance in collaboration with department chair.
- Oersee storage of hazardous waste and periodic removal
- Maintain safety records and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Provide routine maintenance of departmental instruments and oversee maintenance and repairs performed by third parties.
- Maintain effective communication with department chair.
- Co-ordinating space utilization in consultation with laboratory manager and relevant faculty.
- Provide support for faculty and students in the department.
- Identifying hazardous conditions or operations in the lab, determining safe procedures and controls, and implementing and enforcing standard safety procedures;
- Ensuring the provision and maintaining in functional working order all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) (e.g., lab coats, gloves, eye protection, etc.);
- Conducting periodic self inspections of laboratory and maintaining records of inspections, as required.
- Assisting Senior Laboratory Manager in maintaining all functions related to the Laboratory operations.
Essential Qualification and Experience:
- Science Graduate with Biology or Chemistry as major with minimum 60% aggregate
- 0-2 years working experiences in any Academic/Private Laboratory or any other relevant experience.
- Knowledge of use of personal computers and its applications
- Very good communication skills.
Age Limit : Below 28 years as on (01-01-2018)
How to Apply:
An application package consisting of the following information should be sent via Hard Copies by a deadline of April 25, 2018.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website (https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/) using valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive an user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT” .
Step 6: Take a Print out of the application form by clicking “PRINT” in “MY APPLICATION” and send the same duly Signed to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, along with copies of certificates regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, experience, caste certificate etc.
Editor’s Note: ncbs jobs, ncbs biology jobs, research jobs, bsc jobs, biology jobs, bsc biology jobs, jobs in biology, freshers jobs, jobs for freshers, job bsc, jobs for bsc graduates, check out Biotecnika Times Newsletter. You can also follow us on all of our social media profiles like Twitter and Facebook.