inStem, Bengaluru Hiring Biological & Life Sciences Candidates for Research Position
Bsc biological sciences & MSc life science scandidates are encouraged to apply online at instem,for a research assistant post. Biological and life sciences job vacant at inStem bangalore. For more on the eligibility, job description, salary and application procedure, check all of the details posted below:
This job expires in :
Name of the Position : Research Assistant with the Tata Institute of Genetics and Society, inStem labs, Bangalore, Karnataka
This person will report to the Insectary Manager and must have experience working in a biological laboratory environment and ideally should have an interest in vector borne disease research. Should have the ability to work unsupervised, be meticulous with following protocols, record-keeping and have good time-management skills. Must be self-motivated and able to work well in a team (includes post-doctoral scientists, graduate students and laboratory support staff). Good knowledge about mosquito genetics, mosquito breeding and crossing.
- Rear and maintain mosquito stocks (Anopheles stephensi, Aedes aegypti, etc) and experimental colonies in the Insectary at the TIGS-Bangalore, India
- Conduct crossing and screening offspring for appropriate marker genes.
- Maintain meticulous records of mosquito life history table and experimental outcomes.
- Assist with various in vivo experiments within the malaria team.
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the insectary.
- Ordering of stocks, preparation of reagents and maintaining stocks etc.
- Maintenance of equipment and supplies in the insectary.
- Assist in the writing and review of basic standard operating procedures, protocols etc.
- Perform initial analysis and observations with ongoing experiments.
- Attend appropriate meetings and training opportunities within the lab and Institute.
- Keep up to date with and advise on matters relating to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Detailed record keeping, photo documentation and other regulations relevant to the post.
- Keeping detailed records for all injection runs and their outcomes.
- Documenting genetic phenotypes and assisting with weekly/month presentations.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to organize samples and record results in a clear and organized fashion.
- IT skills including a knowledge of Word, Excel (i.e. data bases) and PowerPoint programs.
- Ability to organize own work load and take initiative as appropriate.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations in a laboratory environment.
- Excellent communication in English is a stringent requirement.
Graduate in Science subjects (Biological Sciences) from a recognized university with two or three years work experience in the field of entomology or mosquito handling or M.Sc. in Life Sciences subjects
- Work experience in the field of Medical Entomology
- Experience creating, screening, and rearing transgenic insects
How to Apply:
Applicants are requested to email [email protected] with a CV, brief write-up covering letter describing your interest and qualifications for the job.
Application deadline: Mar 25, 2018
Editor’s Note: life sciences jobs, msc life sciences jobs, bsc biological sciences jobs, instem bengaluru, instem bengaluru jobs, job openings instem, bsc jobs instem, instem labs, instem research. We here at Biotecnika have a very carefully curated Biotecnika Times Newsletter, that you can avail by signing up for it just once.