MSc Associate Scientist Position Vacant @ Kemin
Job Opening for Associate Scientist Post at Kemin. Job seekers with Masters in Food Science & Technology can apply for this post. More details on the location, category, job type, responsibilities, qualifications and application procedure are given below:
Job Title : Associate Scientist – CLS-QA
No.of.Positions : 01
Job ID : 2018-5122
Location : IN-Chennai
Category : Quality
Position Type : Regular Full-Time
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Food Scientist/Technologist to join the Customer Laboratory Service (CLS) function of Kemin Food Technologies for the Indian region. In this function we support our customers with technical advice and experimental data to recommend what type of anti-oxidants and/or antimicrobial need to be used to improve the shelf life and freshness for a specific food matrix.
This position is a working lab chemist who is also responsible for investigating, planning, and implementing the improvements in food safety, quality and manufacturing processes with the end result of producing a better quality product more efficiently. The role as also ensures compliance to food safety and quality policies and responds to customer complaints. The position offers hands-on application research tailored to solve customer needs and quality assurance of products.
- Ensure testing of requests (from DOE to report writing) to meet agreed deadline and ensure scientific correctness of the Laboratory Report for release to Techni-Sales team.
- Provide technical advice pertaining to CLS Requests to the Indian sales/technical managers.
- Develop/Implement new and improved test methods for the department in order to support sales of existing /new products.
- Ensure CLS database, files, and log books are maintained.
- Ensure good laboratory practices in recording data, calibration of equipment to ensure accuracy of results, general laboratory maintenance and disposal are maintained.
- Ensure good working conditions for the laboratory and all repairs are done on time.
- Journal search, apply research to our current needs, develop initial method, test functionality, validate, and put into use.
- Development/installation/validation of methods (including the use of statistical analysis).
- Be the focal point of contact for QA: develop the QA activities for the KFT products including responsibility for product release:
- Coordinating non-conformity and customer complaint investigation and resolution.
- Analyzing data of raw material and finished goods testing to identify trend and opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct and/ or coordinate samples analysis to support supplier qualification, process/ product improvement.
- Providing support for new product development including raw material risk assessment and finished product shelf life studies etc.
- Interact in professional manner with a wide variety of individuals at all levels (e.g. R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Customer Service, Operations, and Marketing).
- Some moderate lifting of chemicals, boxes and bags of product and standing for long periods of time may be required.
- Masters in Food Science or closely related field with 3 – 7 years of experience. PhD desired.
- Experience in method development, product development, and applied research projects.
- Previous working experience with common food laboratory instruments, including Oxidative Stability instrument (OSI), Oxygen Bomb, HPLC, GCMS, Spectrophotometer and general wet chemistry (PV, TBARS, p-anisidine).
- History with and/or skills related to Food Safety and Quality Management Systems (ISO, FSSC, BRC, SQF, AIB, HACCP, FAMI-QS, GMPs), including program development, conducting training, internal and supplier auditing experience is desired.
- Experience in independently evaluating and interpreting results.
- Experience with writing scientific reports and publications.
- Experience with project management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint; ability to learn additional software applications, as the need arises – statistical software experiences a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a minimum English proficiency of Intermediate Mid as defined in the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines
Editor’s Note: MSc Food sciences job at Kemin, kemin chennai jobs, kemin job openings, chennai kemin jobs, jobs at kemin, food tech jobs at kemin, qa jobs at kemin. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also follow us on all of our social media rofiles like Twitter and Facebook.