Cancer Bioinformatics Scientist Position @ LifeBytes
LifeBytes India PvtLtd
Bangalore, KARNATAKA – India
The LifeBytes Consulting is seeking a highly motivated Computational Biologist with diverse skill base to provide high-level research support for Omic data analysis. LifeBytes provides wide range of bioinformatics services including proteomics, next-generation sequencing (NGS), bioinformatics tools and database development and omic data integration. We are looking for a PhD level Computational Biologist to join our team in Mumbai to work on exciting R&D projects.
LifeBytes values gender equality in Science and actively encourages applications from women scientists.
In the new role you will:
- Develop and implement methodologies and tools as needed, keeping abreast of industry trends and new technologies, and recommending potential solutions based on the latest technical developments.
- Lead projects as the principal bioinformatician to ensure they are managed in a timely and efficient manner, appropriately documented, and provide follow up support services after initial project completion.
- Provide analysis and computing support for cancer-related research in NGS data (e.g. genomic, transcriptomic, epigenomic) analysis.
- Analyze, interpret, evaluate, and discuss the results of studies with clients as part of the planning process for subsequent studies. Design and manage necessary troubleshooting and protocol optimization.
- Communicate with different PIs and help them strategically plan the project initially.
- Author documentation of samples, data and project details and also user guides, documentation of scripts/pipelines developed for the same.
- Provide automation-related technical expertise as a member of a cross-functional team
- You will use the community best practices, to prototype, develop, execute, test and roll out production level Bioinformatics analysis pipelines.
To be fit for this role you need the following:
- Candidates should have a Ph.D., in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology/any life science domain with demonstrated experience in bioinformatics & programming.
- Candidates with papers published in reputed journals which exhibits the capabilities of data analysis skills.
- Functional fluency in at least one programming language like Perl/Python/Ruby.
- Experience in R and Shell scripting, ideally to the level of handling NGS datasets.
- Experience in analyzing large volume datasets of various NGS application data.
- In-depth knowledge in setting up workflows and performing the analysis such as variation calling, structural variants, epigenetic landscape of cancer cells and integrating multiple applications data.
- Excellent team player in cross-functional environments with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write well and, a strong interest in biology (for computer scientists) is highly desired.
In your new role you will get:
- Highly competitive salary
- An opportunity to work closely with reputed scientists in their projects.
- To work on variety of NGS related projects and improve your exposure.
- Training and guidance in the areas that you might need improvements.
- International travel and training
Start date : As soon as possible
Job Location : Mumbai, India
How to Apply:
Please send Cover Letter, your CV and a one-paragraph statement of research interests to [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.