PhD Biotechnology Job Opening @ ICRISAT | Research Associate Post Vacant
This job expires in :
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the post of Research Associate (DSR) for IRRI to be based in Hyderabad.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeon pea, chickpea, groundnut and finger millet in the semi-arid tropics.
International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), is a nonprofit scientific research organization, one of the 15 International Institutes under the consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), with headquarter at Los, Banos, Philippines. IRRI is engaged in different aspects of rice research and has its offices in sixteen countries including India.
- Develop breeding populations by combining different traits to develop high yielding water and labor saving rice varieties for dry direct seeded aerobic conditions.
- Identify markers for traits important for yield under dry direct seeded situation and biotic stress resistance and evaluate complex crosses progenies for presence of markers to enable selection of plants with different combination of genes/QTLs.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports, publications, and presentations by summarizing research findings and draft manuscripts for publication in refereed journals, provide inputs to project reports, prepare posters and papers for presentation at local and international conferences.
- Collaborate with partners to obtain progress report as well as keep participating institutes as well as DBT updated on marker development, crosses attempted.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in Computer skills (MS Office, data analysis);
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, adaptable to working in multicultural environment.
- Ph.D. (Ag) in Plant Breeding and Genetics/Biotechnology and related streams ;
- Preference will be given to candidate having experience in handling of breeding trials and marker assisted introgression of genes/ QTLs;
- Experience on working with rice is desirable.
This is a Consolidated position. It is initially for two years 10 months and shall be renewed further based on performance of the candidate and funding availability. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 22 January 2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
Application Deadline – on or before 22nd January 2018
Editor’s Note: Make sure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter. This is a free subscription service that you can avail by signing up for it once. For more biotech job, jobs biotech, job in biotech, job for biotech, jobs in biotechnology, phd jobs,jobs for phd, job phd, jobs for phd graduates, you can also follow us on all of our socials like Twitter and Facebook.