Govt Faculty Positions @ THSTI | Salary of Rs. 1.8 Lakh p.m. for Professor Posts
This job expires in :
THSTI is a society formed by a galaxy of leading science administrators, registered with the Registrar of Societies, Govt. of NCT, Delhi. THSTI addressed public health issues of national priority through various niche research centers. Among those, six intramural centers with interdisciplinary focus, two extramural centers and one partnership center are functioning currently to meet its objectives of contemporary translational research.
To strengthen its teaching and research program, THSTI is keen to consider applications from candidates with proven excellence in their field of research for faculty positions. If your track record demonstrates that you posses the requisite intellect, technical capabilities, commitment and potential to work in the area of translational research, please do apply to us.
(d) Appointments will be offered at the following levels depending upon experience and the quality of scientific and related accomplishments.
Terms and Conditions:
- Investigators will be provided shared laboratory space and start-up resources. They are expected to eventually generate extramural project-based funding for their research programmes within two years of joining the institute.
- Appointment will be made initially on contract for a period of 5 years or up to the age of superannuation at 60 years, whichever being earlier with an initial probation period of one year which may be extended at the discretion of the competent authority. Further continuation, if any, will depend on candidate’s performance during the initial period of five years.
- The faculty candidates must have a MD (or equivalent) or PhD with basic degree as MBBS / BDS / BVSc or PhD in Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Bio medical Engineering/Biotech Pharmacology or equivalent from a recognised University with original work as evidenced by patents or publications. For all positions post- doctoral experience as mentioned at (d) above with some indication of independent scientific thinking is a prerequisite. Demonstrated record of scientific output in the form of recent peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals of high international repute and/or internationally valid and productive patents is essential.
- Under this recruitment notice, THSTI will fill up the vacancies of faculty on direct recruitment.
- However, THSTI will consider filling up the vacancy of Professor on deputation basis. The candidates seeking appointment as Professor on deputation should fulfil the above qualification and experience and hold an equivalent post on regular basis in the parent cadre or a post in the Level 13 of Pay Matrix with two years regular service in any Government (Central/State), PSU, autonomous body or any other Government organization. Such candidates should forward their application through proper channel specifically mentioning that their case needs to be considered only on deputation basis. The terms and conditions of deputation shall be governed by DoPT OM No. 6/8/2009-Estt. (Pay II) dated 17th June 2010 as amended / revised from time to time.
How to Apply:
The procedure for online application
- Before proceeding for filing online applications, keep the following documents handy:
- Soft copy of your passport size photo.
- Comprehensive CV (PDF format only) containing details of qualification, positions held, professional experience/distinctions and list of publications and patents
- List of publications and patents (PDF format only)
- Three of the best publications (PDF format only)
- List of three potential referees with names and email addresses (PDF format only).
- A two-page note (PDF format only) on the proposed scientific program and its relevance and connectivity to the on-going research at THSTI.
- Candidates are requested to use Google Chrome internet browser for best results in submission of online application.
- Once the online application is submitted, no correction/modification is permissible.
- In case you have any difficulty in filling up the online form, you may contact [email protected].
- On successful submission of your application, an auto-generated email containing your reference number will be sent to the Email address provided by you. Keep a note of your reference number for future correspondence.
- Applicants, who are currently working in any Government (Central/State), PSU, autonomous body or any other Government organization, should get theri application forwarded through their employer or submit the same at the time of personal interview.
- All results will be published on our website and all communications will be only through email.
The applications will be accepted throughout the year and will be scrutinized/shortlisted and processed for further selection in the interval of three months. The last date for receipt of applications for each quarter : March 31st, June 30th, Sept 30th, Dec 31st. Call for applications will remain open till suitable candidates are found. Interested candidates are requested to submit the online application.
Editor’s Note: Want to be notified of amazing opportunities like the ones posted above? Heard of the Biotecnika Times Newsletter? Did you know that it is a free of cost subscription service that you can avail, by signing up for it just the one time. For more such phd jobs,jobs for phd, job phd, jobs for phd graduates, biotech job, jobs biotech, job in biotech, job for biotech, life science jobs, life sciences jobs, jobs in life sciences, make sure you are also following us on all of our social media platforms.