35+ Assistant & Associate Professor Openings @ JNU – School of Life Sciences
This job expires in :
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU FACULTY RECRUITMENT PORTAL
A number of faculty positions at the level of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor are available in various Schools/Centres of the University. Candidates with good academic record, teaching and research experience and working in related areas, are encouraged to apply. University also solicits applications from candidates with research interests that are interdisciplinary. At present, the number of vacancies at each level are as under:
The JNU has openings for faculty positions for Indian Nationals at the level of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in the areas of specialization as indicated against each.
Candidates with good academic record, teaching/research experience and working in related areas of research are encouraged to apply. University also solicits applications from candidates with research interests that are interdisciplinary.
The essential qualifications/scales of pay for these positions will be as per the UGC Regulations, 2010, as amended from time to time.
Name of the Positions : Assistant Professor & Associate Professor
No.of.Positions : 17 & 19 respectively
Scale of Pay :
- Assistant Professor : 15600-39100/- (PB-III) AGP Rs. 6000/-
- Associate Professor : Rs. 37400-67000 (PB-4) AGP Rs. 9000/-
(i) Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
(ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
(iii) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clauses (i) and (ii) to this Clause, candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant
Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
(iv) NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Master’s Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
(v) The candidates applying for the post of Assistant Professor are requested to submit a certificate to the effect that the Ph.D. has been awarded in accordance with the UGC Regulations, 2009, to get exemption from NET.
(v) The candidates applying for the post of Assistant Professor who were enrolled for Ph.D. before July 11, 2009 will be governed by the 4th Amendment, UGC Regulations 2016, which is as under:
“Provided further, the award of degree to candidates registered for M.Phil/Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bylaws/Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and the Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
(a) Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only;
(b) Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners;
(c) Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted;
(d) Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal;
(e) Candidate has made at least two presentations in conferences/seminars, based on his/her Ph.D. work.
(a) to (e) as above are to be certified by the Vice-Chancellor/Pro-Vice-Chancellor/Dean (Academic Affairs)/Dean (University instructions).”
Assistant Professor (Computational Biology and Bioinformatics) (Unreserved)
- MSc./M.Tech in any branch of Biological/Physical Sciences/Computational Sciences.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics/Computational Biology with quality publications in one or more of the following areas:
- Genome analysis/NGS data analyses/High-performance computing and big biological data analytics/Mass Spectrometry/Proteomics data analyses/Genome evolution/Molecular Evolution
(i) Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline.
(ii) A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed.
(iii) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
(iv) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology-mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
(v) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in the Regulation, 2010
(vi) Consolidated API scores of 300 points is required from categories II & III of APIs (Cumulative) alongwith other specified eligibility qualifications stipulated in the Regulations 2010, as amended vide UGC Gazette notification dated 11.07.2016. Interview criterion, out of 100 points, shall be as follows:
a) Academic Background 20%
b) Research Performance based on API score and quality of publications 40%
c) Assessment of Domain Knowledge and Teaching Skills 20%
d) Interview Performance: 20%
Associate Professor (Unreserved)
- M.Sc & Ph.D in any discipline of Biological Sciences/Chemical Sciences;
- MBBS/MD/BVSc/MVSc degree with Ph.D. Degree.
- Anatomy & Physiology/Non-communicable diseases/Human Pathology/Human Genetics/Stem Cell Biology/Structural Biology/Bioinformatics/Synthetic Organic Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry/ Pharmacology/ Drug Development.
- Candidates with above degree with relevant post-doctoral experience in the above area(s) of Molecular Medicine as evidenced by excellent and consistent publication record in the relevant fields with strong motivation for teaching and research are encouraged to apply. Medical graduates having significant contribution in the above areas of research are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
1. The eligible and interested persons are required to apply online in the format available on the University website www.jnu.ac.in/career/. Only online applications will be accepted.
2. Applicants are requested to kindly upload the photograph, scanned copies of all certificates, marksheets, evidence of teaching, research, NOC from the employer, M.A, M.Phil, Ph.D, NET certificates, copies of reprints of published articles, certificate containing the record of date of birth, caste certificate, etc.
3. Incomplete application form without scanned signatures and other documents shall be summarily rejected. University shall not entertain any correspondence in case of incomplete information and evidences.
The advertisement shall be published in the 30 December, 2017 issue of the Employment News. The last date for filling up of online application form is 29 January, 2018 at 5:30 PM.
Editor’s Note: Make sure you check Biotecnika Times Newsletter for all of the latest details on jobs like the ones posted above. It is a free subscription service that you can avail by signing up for it just once. For more such phd jobs,jobs for phd, job phd, jobs for phd graduates, jobs with a phd,jobs phd, make sure you are also following us on all of our social media profiles like Twitter and Facebook.