Quality Officer – Micro Lab & Pest Control Position Vacant @ GSK
This job expires in :
We are a science led global healthcare company. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Name of the Position : Quality Officer – Micro Lab & Pest Control
Experience : 2 – 6 Years
Location : Sonepat
Salary : INR 4,00,000 – 6,00,000 P.A.
The incumbent will be responsible for smooth operation of Microbiology Lab :
- Assist in the microbiological analysis of raw materials, Intermediate and Finished Products.
- Preparation of culture media, glassware and subsequent sterilization for the microbiological analysis as per COPs and Microbiology manual.
- Sampling of raw materials, finished product, water sample, in-process samples, environmental monitoring samples for microbiological analysis.
- Calibration/ challenge test check of equipment in microbiology lab under supervision of Asst. Manager.
- Cleaning of glassware and laboratory as per COP. Maintaining house keeping and hygiene of microbiology laboratory.
- Maintain microbiological media, chemicals, stationery and miscellaneous consumable items inventory & timely withdrawal of the same from stores with due approval of Asst. Manager.
- Disposal of bio-hazardous wastes, chemicals/reagents and other wastes as per the COPs and EHS procedure with due information to Asst. Manager.
- Supervision of Pest control activities as per the pest control program of the site with the assistance of 5 contract workmen.
- Planning strategically for the pest control program with the guidance of Asst. Manager and directing pest control contract workmen.
- Involvement in hygiene monitoring program of the site and providing inputs for maintaining the hygiene
- Truck inspection of raw materials receipts before unloading and sharing of truck inspection work for finished product before loading and dispatch.
- Timely updation of all documents pertaining sampling, analysis, disposal of samples/laboratory wastage, calibration, Pest Control etc.,
- Identifying cost saving areas if any and suggests the same for review.
- To ensure implementation of all EHS norms so as to maintain safe working Environment at work area.
Key Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Good analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Sense of Urgency
- Accountability for Achievement
- Performance with Integrity
Experience/Knowledge/Technical Skills Required:
Education : The job holder should be a Post Graduate in Science with 2 – 6 years of experience in food /chemical analysis in process/food/dairy/chemical industry.
Experience : 2 – 6 years of experience in food /chemical analysis in process/food/dairy/chemical industry. Should have experience in performing relevant testing procedures.
- A good understanding of testing procedures/ methods for Food & Dairy products.
- Basic understanding of the GMP and GLP norms and their importance to the food products
- The job holder must have some exposure to the Quality Management Systems e.g. ISO-9000 and Quality Audits etc.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office.
Technical Skills : In process testing skills
Editor’s Note: Looking for jobs from companies like GSK? Want to be on top of the job hunt game? Then Make sure you are subscribed to the best Newsletter in the biosciences industry called Biotecnika Times – It’s an exclusive newsletter dedicated only for biosciences. You will get all of the information you can possibly need all under one roof. For more food technologist job, food technology job, food technology jobs, jobs in food technology, food technology jobs in india, food technologist jobs, food jobs in india, keep up with Biotecnika.