Technical Assistant Post @ FAO – United Nations
This job expires in :
The FAO Representation in India is inviting applications of qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Technical Assistant under the UTF/IND/195/IND – Technical Assistance to Farmer Water School Programme (FWS) and Agricultural Activities
under the Uttar Pradesh Water Sector Restructuring Project (UPWSRP) Phase II.
Under the overall supervision of the FAOR, India the incumbent will report to the Team Leader in close coordination with Technical Assistance Coordinator.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Collection of necessary information for preparation of annual action plan, monitoring of activities;
- Assist in the logistical arrangements of training programmes related to Training of Field Master Trainers (ToFMT) and Training of FWS facilitators;
- Undertake logistical arrangements, for the training of DoA (Department of Agriculture, Government of Uttar Pradesh) staff, including a needs assessment of DoA staff, to ensure that all stakeholders are able to complete their tasks efficiently;
- Coordinate with the relevant district level staff to ensure timely supply of inputs for the FWS field activities, demonstrations and other project activities;
- Monitor the progress of FWS Facilitators to ensure timely preparation for FWS by Master Trainers and Farmer Facilitators and other activities as per plan;
- Coordinate and arrange monthly meeting of field level staff to review the progress; part of this meeting would be utilized for technical training to field staff;
- Collection of all information from the fields and prepare physical and financial progress reports;
- Collaborate and report to project cell unit on programme implementation;
- Any other related works as assigned by Team Leader
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or Bachelor of Technology in Agriculture Engineering with five years’ experience in the field of participatory work or Master of Science in Agriculture with two year experience in the field of participatory work;
- Minimum two years’ experience of field level agriculture extension;
- Minimum one year experience in preparation and implementation of field level agricultural projects/programmes;
- Computer proficiency mandatory;
- Working knowledge of English and local Hindi language.
- National of the country of assignment.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- All applications will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations
(LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
How to Apply:
- To apply, visit the iRecruitment website at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ and complete your online profile.
- Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered.
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
Deadline For Application: 11 December 2017
Editor’s Note: Are you looking for opportunities like this? The you are at the right place – Biotecnika. We are a dedicated team that is striving day in and day out to bring you the best in the biosciences field. For more jobs on abroad, job abroad, jobs in abroad, job in abroad, b.sc jobs, jobs on bsc, b.sc job, bsc job, jobs for bsc, make sure you are subscribed to the Newsletter. You can also follow us on social media profiles like Twitter and Facebook.